Teamstacking discussion.

If Lunk didn't witch i sure would have. Yesterday i joined during Port, you and Joe were at the top of the team on CTs. The next map was Italy. You and Joe immediately go right for Ts and dominated the CTs until Joe left about half way through.

we always play together, and we are always the first people in during a new map (due to our fast computers and close location).

This is the part that angers me most about your post. I like playing with you, i like playing with Joe but you openly admit right there to purposly stacking the teams. If you two are the first in the game you SHOULD be on opposite teams instead of quickly joining the easy side.

Have a nice day! :wavey:

Guest Sh0rtD0gg
Guest Sh0rtD0gg
Guest Sh0rtD0gg
Guests
(edited)

I wouldnt say stacking is what they are trying to do.

Its more or less wanting to play on the same team as your friends. CsLs like to play on the same team if possible, not always but mostly they are on the same teams, but I dont think they are doing it to stack and kill the other team, they just like to play on the same team as their buds.

Whats hurts is when all the other decent players come in and see a team getting dominated and wont help them out, instead they join the winning team to save their stats from going down.

^

Thats the facts.

Edited by Sh0rtD0gg

On the original topic:

I don't consider that stacking. Obviously, if a score is 5-0, the top player will move over. It was also on aztec...T side needs more help than the CT side so the T side should have a little skill advantage. If you consider yourself a mediocre player, you would have switched to the T side as soon as it became 3-0. But you didn't. You left it up to one of the top players to switch when it became 5-0.

Score probably quickly became 5-5. Since you were probably there from the beginning...you won 5 rounds and lost 5 rounds. It sounds about right. It just didn't go back and forth every round like one would like.

Guest Sh0rtD0gg
Guest Sh0rtD0gg
Guest Sh0rtD0gg
Guests

An easy way to make it very fair, is for the server to auto assign everyplayer, and ive seen it done b4 and it works great.

Some times teams might be stacked some times not, but at least that way you know nobody did it on purpose.

well after enough of lunk's witching about me and G1_joe playing on the same team every map i will eliminate the problem by no longer playing here.

we always play together, and we are always the first people in during a new map (due to our fast computers and close location).  so we join the team.  it may start off that there are 5 CT's and 2 T's, but within SECONDS its evened out.  but lunk always manages to throw a hissy fit.  so i will eliminate the problem, you will never see me and JOE together at the same time, because you won't ever see me in your server again.

lunk is lame.

Well, I have some news for you...if you and your guys can't have fun giving each other some friendly competition, not only will you want to pout and go home, the door will be opened for you. Lunk shouldn't have to split you up. If you want to play with your clanmates EVERY round, go to #getscrim and kill away. This is a public server, and we emphasize fun, teamwork, and comraderie.

You also might want to consider an apology to one of my board members before you think you're going be involved with a league that has his name on it.

Honestly, I was about to compliment you on your first topic. Things are easier to swallow when you know 10 wins will come before long (or 7-0 if an admin is around). I'll save my compliment, however.

---

On the other topic, about switching the top guys...I just can't find this fair. People play to lead and to win. They shouldn't be punished. Now, I don't experience this for 2 reasons....a) I'm usually not on the top, and B) well, people don't switch me very often. :stretch: I NEVER switch people, unless, in the case above, players are MEing it up so as to attain another pubmaster star.

---

Hmm. Well I have yet  to see that situation.

Not sure how. Sure, we have many great players who do their best to put a stop to the comeback....the guys who will accept a great comeback and even throw out some "gjs"...but we also have others that fall right into the situation I described (or they just quit). Now, I don't make recordings of it or take screen shots (I might next time!), but it surely is one of the most consistant and aggrivating truths to pub CS.

A long read there.

A lot of games usually tend to be like CaL matches, more likely than not, you will get killed or kill the other team. Given the players, it is really hard to find a good game that will have a score of 7 to 6 (Or something similar) without having players switch. But thats not saying it never happens. A lot of times in cal the scores will be really close, but usually that happens rarely.

I do remember when we had the team auto-selector on, and I hated it (Not because of the team that I was on) because of all the people that would complain about it. So I don't think that will be the solution.

I don't see a clear solution, except just do your best if you think you find yourself victum of a teamstack.

i find when im playing that admins dont stack, they switch probably once every map. but there are alot of hipercrips(spelt bad) which means they are calling people stackers but they do it to.

a question

1.about 5/6 months ago, did there use to be only auto team select.

like join ts, or cts, was disalbled?

i ask b/c im sure at 1 time i could only do it. i would think this server b/c it was new at the time to me, and didnt think it was any other server i use to play on.

Guest Sh0rtD0gg
Guest Sh0rtD0gg
Guest Sh0rtD0gg
Guests

^

Thats one of the best solutions out there, its the luck of the draw, the server could create a very interesting close game, or a shutout.

But in the end, the server caused it and not the players.

Didn't we try that once with the auto-assign only. Can't remeber why we stopped it but for some reason it wasn't working out.

Maybe we need to look into our old friend PTB. I hear the next gen. versions of it are a lot better then the old 1.5 version we once had on this server.

Just something to look into.

Maybe we should just cut back to 12 public slots, 12 private slots only with one side open to humans, and it's always got bots on the other side. Then we can call the bots staxors and haxors all day and night and be right!

Maybe we should just cut back to 12 public slots, 12 private slots only with one side open to humans, and it's always got bots on the other side.  Then we can call the bots staxors and haxors all day and night and be right!

There used to be this server called man vs. the machine and it was all bots on one side like that. It was crazy. I wonder if that server is still up. Would be good practice though.