Problems I have.

(edited)

I have three problems right now:

1.) When i connect to servers (only on GC servers i belive) it hangs on "retrieving server information" or "data", for sometimes upto 30 seconds longer than it should. It started doing this a week or two ago. Since then i have done virus scans, defrag, ad-ware scans and have even formated. Nothing seems to fix it.

That leads me to my second problem:

2.) Since sometimes it takes so long to connect to the server, between maps i will get kicked. I'm not sure if its from reserves or some kind of idling timer gizmo. This happens almost every time i am playing when the server is full.

That leads me to my third problem:

3.) Sometimes the redirecting will redirect me indefinitly. For instance not to long ago (maybe an hour ago) i was playing in Stock MW, it kicked be between maps for taking to long on retrieving data, so it took me to Scopeless MW, which was full, then to Stock West, which was full, then to Stock MW again, which was full, then to Scopeless MW again, then to Stock West again. It repeated the full cycle about 3 times. Sometimes it goes on forever.

If anyone knows how to fix or what is causing any of these problems any help would be great.

It would make my day if no one mentioned joining GC, i will when i get some disposable income. :corkysm9:

Edited by VooDooPC

There are alot of issues since the last steam update, I have the same issue occasionally, but my biggest issue is crashing. Most of my crashes happen when hitting the tab key, sometimes its just random. Usually it just reboots itself and other times it locks up and I have to reboot.

The steam forums have a lot of people in there with these same problems since the last update.

I have the loading time issue also, not quite as long but there are times where, by the time I get into the server I have about 5 seconds left to buy and the whole team is already half way through the round. The redirect thing I think happens to everyone without a reserve. My brother and nephew get it also.

PC:

Pentium 4--2.0--400mhz fsb

1 gig of pc3200

Nvidia FX 5700 Ultra 256mb

80 gig Western Digital 7200rpm 8meg cach.

PC Chips Motherboard.---Don't laugh--its a good board.---lol

Compare yours, I know mine isn't the fastest thing around but it works. :D

Hope some of this helped. :peace:

primustagblack256.64.jpg

Resistence is Futile!

My load times are usually reasonable after the first map is done, but I've often got booted to another server when changing over to italy. In fact, italy just runs really poorly on my pc a lot of the time (or it runs just fine - it seems to have some relation to the load time too). I'll just blame Valve. :biglaugha:

...and I'm really not a huge fan of the whole redirection thing anyhow. Though I suppose if I were to say any more... :spin2: