Cover songs

at_thedrivethru

I heard The Used/My Chemical Romance cover of Queen/Bowie's Under Pressure. And I thought not bad but a definte 'downgrade'. I do give more respect to artists that are more creative with classic songs, Good examples are:

A Perfect Circle-Imagine, by John Lennon (an awsome cover)

Johnny Cash-Hurt, by NIN

One of my personal favorites is Failure's rendition of "Enjoy the Silence".

Speaking of covers, one of the greatest of all time is the beautiful prose and imagery found in the Kashmir remake by Puff Daddy -- "Come with Me". One line comes to mind -- "from my enemies/from my foes/damn these hoes/they're stepping on my toes". Stepping on my toes indeed. :crazy:

...I personally found the statement made by TaTU, during their remake of The Smiths' "How Soon is Now?" to be a poignant stance on butch lesbianism, mixed with standard Emo fatalism:

"I am the son, and the heir of a silence that is criminally vulgar.

I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

On to good Smiths covers: Muse's rendition of "Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want"

Few more to make me cry: GooGoo Dolls doing Supertramp's "Give a Little Bit" *sniffle*

Johnny Reznic of the GooGoo Dolls and Fred Durst of some crappy, crappy band, reaming Pink Floyd's beautiful "Wish You Were Here" GG!

I heard The Used/My Chemical Romance cover of Queen/Bowie's Under Pressure. And I thought not bad but a definte 'downgrade'. I do give more respect to artists that are more creative with classic songs, Good examples are:

A Perfect Circle-Imagine, by John Lennon (an awsome cover)

Johnny Cash-Hurt, by NIN

I think "A Perfect Circle" is a great band. Their songs are unique, a style of their own. I like their songs "Emotive", and "Thirteenth Step".

Also, In Flames did an interesting version of "Land of Confusion". I didn't like it at first, but it grew on me.

...this is probably going to turn into a "download this stuff!" thread very quickly.