BF2 Demo = buy new card

Laz.e.rus

(edited)
dude, the 256bits Start in the 6800 series!

I am NOT buying a 6800 series card to put into my intel 4xagp mobo, so that in 1 yr when I get my 64 bit/pcie board, my 6800 series wont even plug in. This is a hold-me-over card.

1 yr= mobo,cpu, power, ram etc (my current ram is 333-1 gig), and THEN I'll get the kick-butt-take-names vid card.

For comparison and a little humor, jsut how "slooooo" will that 128 bit 6600gt seem to me with my current ti4600? lol....doubt it

I got my card about 2 yrs ago and it has 256bit memory.. Dude, you need to go ATI my 9700pro runs everything awsome.. Id get this right here

Edited by Batman

The 9700Pro is a generation down, though, Batman.

If Laz was talking about getting a 5900 or a 5950, I'd push him to ATI in a heartbeat. But he's looking at the current generation.

More specifically, he's looking at the equivalent of the x700. And personally, I'd take a 6600GT over an x700. I'd take an x800XL over a 6600GT, or even a stock 6800, due to the price/performance... ...but that's also out of the tier that Laz is looking in.

He's got the right idea. For a holdover card, you'll notice a huge boost over your GF4Ti.

Heh. It's a 9800 Pro. I still think that a 128-bit memory bus over a next generation chipset will yield better results than a 256-bit bus over a previous generation.

Much like a 128MB 6800GT will outperform a 256MB 9600XT on any day of the week. (except for Rimbsday... ...but nobody does any benchmarking on Rimbsday anyway, so it's all good.)

Heh.  It's a 9800 Pro.  I still think that a 128-bit memory bus over a next generation chipset will yield better results than a 256-bit bus over a previous generation.

Much like a 128MB 6800GT will outperform a 256MB 9600XT on any day of the week.  (except for Rimbsday...  ...but nobody does any benchmarking on Rimbsday anyway, so it's all good.)

i got my 9800 pro from www.newegg.com it was pretty cheap and its 256DDR. untill they come out with an affordable 512DDR, it'll have to do. :peace: