Mic and Audigy 2 problems

MaXimus

I have been using TeamSpeak and Ventrillo playing competatively for a Quake 3 clan for like the last 4 years with no problems, but i cannot seem to get my Mic working correctly in CSS. I purchased a new one just in case but when i turn it up high enough for everyone to hear me then they say im breaking out ect. Anyone know any tricks? Im using an Audigy 2 card and running CSS in 5.1 surround mode.

thx

M*XI

yea i first i thought it might be the beta 64 bit drivers, but since i have XP32 on another set of Raptors its just as simple and rebooting and changing my boot order. So then i played around with the settings in Old Windows and get the same exact feedback from other players. Its the same issue whether in XP32 or XP64. the Creative drivers i got work fine in 64 BTW. except the fancy console's and such arent present.

thx

M*XI

I assume when you mean you breakout that you are clipping...ie your voice is too loud? Does your mic have noise cancelling? With 5.1 your mic is under feedback seige, if you can make it so that you don't hear yourself when talking that might solve the prob...how to do that is beyond me

Ill play around in the settings. I do mainly use a sick Logitech 5.1 Z-680 5.1 surround setup, but i also have some 5.1 headphones with mic that ive tried too. Seems like i remember seeing a setting like "what you hear" or some such ill look around. BTW my 5.1 headset used to work great with Ventrilo on this same system when i used it to play competative quake 3 ect.

Thx for any suggestions

M*XI