Router Troubles

Ok so this is the problem. for some reason it wont let my lil bro and I play in the same server. When i am in and he trys to join it will disconnect both of us. We have tried messn around with the port fowarding, both individual ports and both of our ports. We have also tried changin the DMZ host to himself and myself, still nothin. I was wondern if anyone had any suggestions or ideas for us to try so that we can let the Kilz names ring out and be feared by ALL!!! lol, ok so that was a lil dramatic, but you get the point. lol. let me know guys. :peace:

P.S. We have a linksys router.

(edited)

Have you checked out this thread?

I'm starting to notice that you are often diconnecting and reconnecting...something that used to happen to me all the time with my linksys, it turns out you need an older firmware version if you have the BEFSR41...ver 1.45.7, Jul 31 2003 available here. Hope this helps.

Oh and this probably belongs in another forum...hardware, software, casualware

Edited by anonymo

thx anonymo for the links......we got it workn for the most part. sometimes though when he is tryn to get in it will lag me out until he has joined a team. wierd...idk, guess i will have to secretly unplug him from the router when that happens, hehe. :peace: