I ve seen a few servers running the beta and was woundering if the gc servers will be running it when its all good to go?

Im personally for it. Ive used a bunch of other AntiCheat software with other games and I know they are not perfect but it generally eliminates the cheats that kids download from public sites eliminating most.

I played saturday afternoon and for the first time on the gc servers had a horrible time. The cheating was insane. After a while the server filled with regs and I started to have fun.

This whole vac thing is kinda scary...I don't have anything to worry about but it is a little menacing...it's like "go play in the yard, and watch out for the rabid raccoon who will bite you if you do anything you shouldn't" well once you have rabies...

i say its GCsercured ,b/c we have alot of nice admins who ban people

anyway, dose it detect hacks and then bans them if they r?

Well it is running :)

What it does is detects any changes to your exe and dll files. If they are modified or it finds a known cheat it logs the cheat. It can take over a week for the ban to take effect so admins are still important. It does not kick hackers either it just logs their steam id and then when the database is updated they cant connect to vac servers. Once someone is banned though its permanent. If you've been banned by vac from 1.6 your still banned too. In fact it bans you from all valve games that use vac. So dont cheat.

Also, important to note, it is valve that bans with vac not gc so if it bans you they cant unban you. As well they still have the ability to ban people just for being smacktards so everyone behave themselves and dont cheat :D

Im still a little worried about it detecting rate changes/sound/vid settings etc as a cheat. For example, M2s lowsetttings.cfg which I modified a little to fit my machine better. For ex, does is consider it a cheat if you dont have rain and rain sound on aztec?

VAC Myths

There are some things people often blame or think is true about VAC. Most are false. Below are facts, not Myths ...

Winamp or HLamp (a plugin for winamp) DO NOT get you banned.

Using buy scripts, or any other cfg file script will NOT get you banned.

Custom skins, sounds, etc. WILL NOT get you banned. However some custom skin packs also have cheats installed. Be VERY careful about what you are installing before you install it.

Microsoft Windows Service Patch 2 won't get you banned.

VAC does NOT scan your hard drive

VAC does not exist to make Valve money, but rather because players said they wanted Valve to do something about cheaters.

People on servers or server admins can't get you banned on all VAC enabled servers.

Modified versions of maps (clear walls, etc.) do NOT get you banned. If you can connect to a server with a map, it's fine.

The "AKS WARRIOR" friendslist phenomenon was not responsible for any "false bans" either, it was merely a DB problem