Steam latest patch FPS ruiner???

BIGSHaW

Hey guyz, was wondering if its just me or maybe some1 else got screwed...

I've been told that latest update messed some things up for some ppl

Right now Im getting 14FPS when action hits the fan, and 30 on average. I know my X800Pro should do way more than that, in fact it used to pull 70FPS on average and drop to 25 the most in-action...right now Im wondering what happened..cuz CS is unplayeable for me.

Running Cat 5.7

Maybe its the DirectX 9c that came with BF2 that I installed??? I dunno running out of ideas, any help?

Also check your video settings and make sure nothing was changed. Also can you post some system specs? And personally I would try defragging, upgrading drivers and making sure there is no spyware on my system. Let me know, thanks.

instead of joining a public server, try creating a server with a few bots and wander around. what kind of FPS do you get there?

there's been some talk that the one of the last updates for the servers is too processor intense (on the server side), resulting in lag for some people on some servers.

Hey guyz, was wondering if its just me or maybe some1 else got screwed...

I've been told that latest update messed some things up for some ppl

Right now Im getting 14FPS when action hits the fan, and 30 on average. I know my X800Pro should do way more than that, in fact it used to pull 70FPS on average and drop to 25 the most in-action...right now Im wondering what happened..cuz CS is unplayeable for me.

I've got the same card, but (the few times I've played) I haven't had any issues. I noticed my ping was a little higher, but other than that, no FPS problems.

Thx for the links, will certanly go over them, so far I know its not the server end cuz I tried different servers and same results...

The strange thing is that even if I stare at the skies when nothing happens I still get only like 42 FPS :( (and yes my fps_max set to 300)

My full specs are:

3.2 Intel GHz

1 Gig Ram

X800 Pro 256

Audigy2

XP SP2

problem solved!

Ok so here I am trying to figure out whats causing my FPS drop when I started to check out other games and they all suffering from poor perfomance...then I remebered that just prior to FF05 I formated my system and installed the newest drivers from ATI, Catalyst 5.7...

So after quick uninstall and installation of older 5.6 version Im back to normal FPS...now Im getting stable 40s with everything back to normal ...whew thx guyz, and thx for the links, certainly helpfull!