Server Observations - Choke, etc

Fatty

(edited)

better.

before I used to get anywhere from 30-60choke at the start of each round, sure it would die off, but sometimes in the middle of a shoot-out it would jump back up there again. Now with the deletion / reinstallation of Stock, i seem to only get around 10 choke.

*edit*

On a similar note, I have noticed that chaning my rates around has more of an effect then previously was available (in my opinion at least). Even though this IS only what hr 3 of the new server installation choke has been down for me quite a bit. We will put 'er to the test later tonight when the servers are all happnin

Edited by Acid-Flux

Durring my whopping 15 minute test I was getting constant 50-60 choke when I got into map for about 2 min's before it died down (this was middle of the map as well). Durring my two round in dust2 I saw maybe 3 people on screen at once, not alot of action tho and my choke was between 10-14. This is with stock rates. Very smooth...I liked it.

My testing durring Aztec and Dust will prove if the choke is gone.

The test on Anti will prove to be fruitful, good call on that one Fats.

Also, I'd like to get some responses from Ice_burg, Vodoo, Kilz, Shep on this as well.

GC Founder

Right now she's running on a new install w/o mani.

Keep the observations coming. We need to know if adding mani back increases the choke.

As far as Ante goes, we tested over there and saw a bit of choke, but not a ton, on a full server.

Hard to tell as now we're comparing completely different connections and computers, so let's remove Ante from the question for the time being and concentrate on #1.....as soon as lots have had a chance to report, I'll flip the switch to readd mani. Possibly tonight.

on the start of the map i was rocking 50+ on round starts about 35 that would settle down to about 2-4 though some maps had no choke at all. i didnt nottice anything different but my sweet love mani was missing :P

hey brillow...

would you mind posting up your

1- cl_cmdrate

2- cl_updaterate

3 - rate

4- upspeed ( or was it cl_upspeed? 1 of em)

If you dont see these in config, jsut type "cl_ upspeed" and enter in console when in server, or "rate" etc