Banned

TJWitz

Scopeless - ~ 6:20 PM CDT Aug 23rd.

Steam ID: 0:4467664, name TJWitz

Was banned immediately after saying 'bastard.' tongue-in-cheek as a response

to [GoCI]Lt.Sniper, I think his name was. I thought it was acceptable since the word was not filtered, but I will refrain from using it henceforth. Hope to be playing again soon.

- TJ

Sorry, TJ, it was I that banned you. I was still a bit shakken up about the whole dd thing.

I honestly didn't see you call dd and I had bomb so I called the strat...bad strat at that. After that I came under fire from you and didn't know what I did to upset you. I tried to clear it up on voice comm, but you didn't say anything other than grow up...

I was a bit shaken up at this cause I didn't know what I did.

Then you broke language and I made the call. I didnt' know if it was pointed at me or not...I figured probably not, but after all that had happened in the last few rounds I judged and gave a 1440.

If we can resolve the prior argument I'll lift the ban immediately...

whadayasay <3

(edited)

Hey brill, yeah, sorry. The whole 'grow up' thing was after i had said 'let's just drop it, move on', so if i slipped and broke language I apologize for that; usually I keep it in check over the mic; in fact i try to only use the mic for strat-type stuff, regulating my "chatterbox" chat to text communication. That way the filter catches my mistakes ;)

Also, no sweat about the call. It happens, I just generally don't rush CT spawn sites on de_ maps on principle. That and the dd rush was wide open :)

Edited by TJWitz

Teamplay is exactly what we want. I read the entire conversation, the attitude was poor enough to deserve the ban. I won't object to the early lifting of it, but it's obviously well below our standards (the entire set of comments, not just one or two).

(edited)

Well, banned again it would seem.

First i was kicked without warning by magruter for everyday language that wasn't filtered. The phrase was "christ", which I was going to follow up with "compels you to... <something funny>" I can see how the 'christ' by itself could warrant a kick, so I'll try to keep my jokes to 1 line, but it's an old habit to break up typed speech so that it fits on the screens of folks with low resolutions.. I don't know how often I get the "stop spamming the server" message when I'm typing... but it's often. Since i had said that phrase before, and it wasn't filtered, I assumed it was ok to use. However, I'll refrain from using it in the future.

Then much later, during dead-time, dirtybird commented that i complain alot, which I admit; I'm critical of how I play, and often type it out to make conversation during dead-time. To make a joke of it, I pointed out that complaining about complaining was hypocrisy, and was banned, I assume by Magruter.

Maybe I should clarify that when I say 'nubbed' or 'noobed', i mean that in the way of "boy i nubbed that up", or "I should be a captain of the USS nubbing", as a substitute for other unacceptable words that could go there. I had said this right before the ban and it may have been misinterpreted, my apologies here if this was the case. I think it was Lux who killed me, and he's far from a newbie, so I don't think this is what happened, but I'm putting it out here.

Assuming it's not permanent, I'm not going to ask it be lifted. I can sit out if I crossed the line... again.... I'm just trying to understand where the line is, so that I won't cross it; I enjoy playing here. I'm not trying to be hard on you all, I'm just trying to find the balance and adjust the way I interact so I can play here without rocking the boat. It's one of the most fair and even-handed servers out there; I can play here and not be banned after 2 rounds for 'hacking'. See you in 24 I hope..

Thanks, for your time and patience,

- TJ

Edited by TJWitz

Just keep in mind that because it's not filtered doesn't mean its not something that can nor should be said. The filter is not divinitive.

If its in the gray area, best leave it be.

I had nothing to do with this one so I'd wait till the admin responds and gives you your brow-beating. :)

I'm working on it, like I said. I don't want to retype it all; it's there and I'm putting it all out there; the kick i mentioned in the previous post - completely irrelevant aside from the fact that I'm apologizing for it. I don't know what more I can say.