AMD calling out Intel?

General J

Anyone else see this ad in USA Today? I usually browse through the paper while on break at work, and stumbled on this today. I meant to take the page, but forgot. Hopefully they will have it in there again. If someone has it though, anyway you can scan it and post or email it to me? Would be much appreciated.

If AMD thought it would come close to losing they would not have had the confidence to call them out so publically. It would be a press nightmare if AMD were to lose. You can bet that the techs at AMD tested the best of both extensively prior to the ad being run in USA Today.

Thanks Dweez! I laughed out loud at work when I saw the full page ad they had put in. Hopefully it will be run again soon. I have been keeping my eyes open for it.

When I purchased my AMD 2600+, I did so because of performance and price. Nothing that Intel had for around the same price had anywhere near the specs that the 2600 had.

Also the fact that the 939-pin mobo's will be able to accept the dual core chips is pretty cool to me.