Need FPS Help... REALLY BAD

rewind

Heheh. BIOS update for teh win.

It's always something really dumb and instantly easy to look over.

VSync is a hardcore fps eater, and AA is, as well. There isn't a huge hit with Anisotropic Filtering with the newer cards, though, and it's a gigantic quality increase over Bi/Trilinear, so give the AF a little lovin'.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heheh.  BIOS update for teh win.

It's always something really dumb and instantly easy to look over.

VSync is a hardcore fps eater, and AA is, as well.  There isn't a huge hit with Anisotropic Filtering with the newer cards, though, and it's a gigantic quality increase over Bi/Trilinear, so give the AF a little lovin'.

it's weird too... when I was playing last night after I got it working... vsync was on still... I left it on because it was seemingly giving me more FPS on the stress test...

i'll be sure to test it out tonight with it off..

well vsync is defaulted to off with both nvidia and ati drivers. if only you'd left default settings like we've been telling you this would have been solved much earlier. source has issues with vsync. i find i get fps hits when running it. yes i know it caps your fps at your refresh. i refresh at 100 so technically it should still be 100 when it's not.

btw, i suggested you to run 3dmark 3 days ago. thanks for listening.

Edited by *|CsLs|*Cujo

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

I use Vync with Source. I get smoother fps because of it. The only catch is that the fps can either only be what your refresh rate is set at or half. So if you can not maintain that 100 fps, it drops to 50.