Buy 3800 X2 Processor, get Nforce4 board free

Guest zerodamage

now that I have actually gotten mine working properly, I'd advise you guys to jump on this is you're in the market for an upgrade...

the processor DOES NOT QUIT... and I have currently overclocked it to 2.4 Mhz and it's stable/cool as can be.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

I honestly do not think the 6800 cards are a good deal for this community. Most people in this community are CS:S players and soon DOD:S players. The ATI cards are better and as I've seen lately, Nvidia is having many random issues with Source based games and the 6600-6800 cards. My recommendation is buy at your own risk.

I honestly do not think the 6800 cards are a good deal for this community.  Most people in this community are CS:S players and soon DOD:S players.  The ATI cards are better and as I've seen lately, Nvidia is having many random issues with Source based games and the 6600-6800 cards.  My recommendation is buy at your own risk.

well the issue that i "HAD" was a MoBo bios issue and not the problem of the card... as I said in the other thread, as soon as that was fixed, Source ran like I didn't even think was possible.. in fact... on HIGH EVERYTHING, I'm now getting more FPS in Source than I am in 1.6. I don't see any problems with the nVidia cards.

the ECS motherboards arent that great... when I worked at frys we would budle them with the CPUs for free and drop the price of the CPU. I remember the socket A cpu we had was the k7vta3 and I think we had over 50 of them that had been returned just laying around the store haha. The quaility of the ECS boards arent very consistant, sometimes they just break... I had 2 of them and they worked ok.