Bots

Panic

GC Alumni

where'd everyone go? no bots = no players? that's no good.

http://www.gamrs.co/uglysourceservertraffic.html

the spike in players on todays graph (or look at monday for the weekly) is literally 3 minutes after adding 4 bots.

i hate missing pistol round, too. our admin plugin has a schedule feature that we use to rotate maps based on time of day. you're supposed to be able to change the cfgs based on the schedule, too. i haven't been able to get it to work. i haven't had much luck with the mani forum support. work + school is insanely busy. free chocolate bar to the person with the suggestion on how to fix this.

:peace:

Edited by stuttering.john

my guess:

in order for the bot vars to take effect (which must be in a different cfg - ex bot_on.cfg), the server needs to be restarted. i haven't been able to get a map change or restartgame to force the changes, either. honestly, i don't know enough about hl/src dedicated server to say that's right or wrong. i'm hoping someone in gc will stumble on this and clear it up for me. no such luck in the mani forums or srcds forums.

from that, the only way i see it to be possible is to manually change the cfg's, then force a restart, and hope your server population comes back. i dunno what's worse:

- no bots (and having a dead server almost all day)

- bots (and missing pistol round)

- server restart (and crossing you fingers).

if the biggest gripe is missing pistol round, admins could do a mp_restartgame 1 once everyone has connected...which i think admins can do with 'ma_rcon mp_restartgame 1' (unconfirmed) and LA's can do with 'rcon mp_restartgame 1'

maybe there should be a 4th alternative:

- mp_restartgame (and can anyone think of a way to have this done automatically; maybe mp_restartgame 2 for delay?)

Srooy man... I did'nt think it would cause you this much grief. My bigest issue about the bots is watching them play pistol round alone and then one team getting the unfair weapon advantage. Anyone can kill someone prey and spray but pistol round takes you back to basics where you can hop joyfully around the corner and not get AWP'd before you get you pop off a round.

I think a restart would work if we have an admin online at the time.

GC Alumni

sorry dude, i didn't mean for that to come off as grief. i said what i said because i want you guys to know what i've already tried, so that the ideas given are new ones. no sense going back and forth on things tried. i'll ask in the admin forum, we've got some pretty mean cfg/bind/hack wizards up there.

huggz, imo, these forums are about improving the server and community, so any constructive criticism is always welcome.

the comment box is still open.

ps, i was about 5 minutes late to class when i made that earlier post, and class is a good 15 minute drive from here. i was rushed more than anything.

Edited by stuttering.john

• 3 weeks later...