Game currently unavailable

KagE

Anyone else getting this message from steam when trying to join any cs:s server?

"This game is currently unavailable.

Please try again at another time."

I tried different servers at different moments of the evening, yet it still sends me this message.

I did have this a couple of times, but restarts of steam solved it.

Another problem I'm getting is on DOD:S, in fact, the GC server specifically.

I've tried joining numerous times, but the server becomes unavailable, I refresh my favourites list and watch the ping rise to 2000 or the status disappear altogether. The GC server is the only one I've had this problem with (yes I hang my head in shame and admit going to other servers to try out DOD:S).

Any solutions or ideas what the problem may be would be much appreciated.

Lev.

I did have this a couple of times, but restarts of steam solved it.

Another problem I'm getting is on DOD:S, in fact, the GC server specifically.

I've tried joining numerous times, but the server becomes unavailable, I refresh my favourites list and watch the ping rise to 2000 or the status disappear altogether. The GC server is the only one I've had this problem with (yes I hang my head in shame and admit going to other servers to try out DOD:S).

Any solutions or ideas what the problem may be would be much appreciated.

Lev.

Have you tried connecting through the console by typing "connect 216.86.154.205" ?

If you guys are still having problems, the only thing I had to do was restart steam, it has worked twice for me now(both times were the only times I tried).  Hope this helps anyone still having this problem...

what she said

I suppose it does not really matter but shouldn't there be a better fix than having to restart Steam every time the game is played? Not saying anyone here should have an answer but it seems like a crappy solution.

If you guys are still having problems, the only thing I had to do was restart steam, it has worked twice for me now(both times were the only times I tried).  Hope this helps anyone still having this problem...

what she said

I suppose it does not really matter but shouldn't there be a better fix than having to restart Steam every time the game is played? Not saying anyone here should have an answer but it seems like a crappy solution.

It is a crappy solution but it works for now.. Hopefully they (steam) fix it..

Edited by BushMaster

farm, they will fix it....yeesh. You can only do so much with a small testing base before you release it to the public. That's why there are things called updates.

Thank goodness we play a game with an active company who doesn't just release a game once and is done with it.

farm, they will fix it....yeesh.  You can only do so much with a small testing base before you release it to the public.  That's why there are things called updates.

Thank goodness we play a game with an active company who doesn't just release a game once and is done with it.

I know, I know. All hail valve.

*looks over his shoulder at the GMAN standing in the closet*

:=