Johnny vs. Ben & Jerry

stutters

alright. i'm over it. i'm stealing your spotlight, fats.

my sister is getting married in denver on dec 17th. for better or worse, i'm gonna be running into friends and family i haven't seen in a long, long time (4+ years). i was at my best (6'2" 190) about a year and a half ago, but broke and tore every muscle in my lower back snowboarding, and it's been downhill since then. i'm at about 220 right now.

i'm going for 200. anything past that is (lowfat) gravy. i need to strengthen my lower back, strengthen my stomache, but need to lose the fat and regain flexibility first.

here's what i need to do if i want to make it.

- gym 6 days a week (2-3 right now)

- drop in hockey once a week

- breakup off my "ben & jerry's" relationship

- eat less but more (really)

- according to my girlfriend, goto pilates once a week. that's gonna be the hard part.

and since wayfarer quit smoking, so am i.

official weigh in + pics:

moved

How about incorpoating a swim? You'd be surprised it's intense cardio,

and non-impact...should be able to build your back without any strain.

A lot of people are saying its boring. I find it quite relaxing. The first couple

of times you go it's anything but boring. Tough work. Also most complexes

with a pool usually come with a suana. I usually go in, crank it up & sit for

15-20 mins. I heard 1/2 an hour in the suana = 600 calories. Not bad!

there's a pool literally around the corner from my place. i would have noticed it before...if it weren't BEHIND the baskin robbins. $4.25 per session @ the pool, might have to check into monthly/yearly. i'm already paying for my gym membership, which doesn't fit well into my "broke student" budgeting. either way, pilates class in 2hrs.

:lol: The baskin robbins stopped you everytime? :lol:

It would've stopped me too! Now it's time to decide your committment!

How long do you want to do this? 4.25/visit is what it would cost me. I pay

annually & that's just over 300.00 IF you want to keep going throughout the

year than 5 times+ per month (not hard to do) & it will pay for itself.

Also the place I'm at also comes with a small workout facility which, BTW, also offers courses, including pilates!

All inclusive! Community centers rock!

GC Alumni

i shoulda looked into the community center before making the 3 year commitment to bally's. :bang:

my (evolving) goals are to hit pilates once a week, swim once a week, and play hockey as much as possible; hockey involves a 35 minute drive each way, so this may or may not be practical. tbd.

pilates class smoked me. as expected, i was the only dude in there. this may have hidden benefits. regardless, the focus on strengthening and stretching my back is exactly what i need. after the hour class, i stayed and did a quick chest pyramid (sets of 12-10-8-6-12 increasing weight to 6, then going to low weight for last 12) and a mid/upper back pyramid. then 15 minutes on stair climber for good measure. back is sore, but pride is not.

tomorrow (am):

lower body weights - 45minutes

elliptical - 45 minutes

i'm gonna edit my first post right now to include official weigh in + sexy body shots. i also deleted all of my other posts without any BEEFCAKE results.