Rag Doll Kung Fu

k-wix

(edited)

So i picked it up and im just Instantly in love with it, its SOO much fun, i took some screenies with MY face plastered on to a body. Multiplayer is a Blast, but most of the servers are passworded :( i'd like to play with some GCers if anyone has it

wix1.JPGwix2.JPG

wix3.JPGwix4.JPG

wix6.JPG

Edited by k-wix

Ragdoll Kung Fu is just that. It's a martial arts story, told in true Hong-Kong Blood Opera fashion - (ie: Poorly).

More than anything, it's a set of single-player/multiplayer minigames that can be unlocked by playing through the single-player "Story Mode".

All modes are controlled in basically the same fashion. You are a Kung Fu marrionette, and it's your job to fight/jump/kick a rugby ball with all of your might. You play the game using absolutely nothing but your mouse, and you can even have 4 player games going, on the same PC, if you are running WindowsXP and you fill your USB slots with mice.

By left-clicking and holding the mouse, you can select bodyparts and moving them around until you let go. They behave under laws of physics and feel like puppets. You can whip your little buddy around by the arms or the feet, if it gets you where you're going, faster.

By right-clicking, dragging and releasing, you can select a limb to attack with, and choose its destination in one fell swoop. The power of your attack/jump/run is affected by the level of your Chi aura. Chi is built by making circular motions with your mouse - something that you need to be doing constantly. It also recharges the number of attacks you have. So if left-dragging your legs to walk, or left dragging your hands to block wasn't bad enough, you need to right-drag your hands/legs/head to attack. On top of all of that, you need to constantly be building Chi and attack numbers by making circles with your mouse. ...needless to say, it gets really hectic. But WAY fun.

It can't be stressed enough that all of the levels of the Story mode feature poorly filmed, poorly acted and poorly subtitled live-action sequences, with rediculous scene changes and awful costumes and makeup. Just like mother (...or Bruce Lee) used to make.

Haven't tried any on-line multiplayer yet. Going to try it next time I'm at my friend's house. Definitely going to pick this game up later in the month. It's a fast, fun timekiller that can be enjoyed by a boatload of people on one PC, if you've got a large monitor and a bunch of mice.

PS: K, that money shot is frightening, guy.