rules reminder

stutters

just a friendly reminder from your neighborhood admins:

using exploits for and unfair advantage is not welcome on gc servers. this includes, but not limited to, forcing into dx7 and using money exploits.

if you're doing this -> :unsure: right now, don't worry about it.

thanks.

:unsure:

J/K

The only reason I started doing the money exploit was because I saw others doing it. I will stop but would like to see it enforced by all admins.

What is forcing into dx7?

dEL

GC Alumni

the money exploit is used when you're flat broke. say you just got pwnerized by me and my tmp, plus tk'd someone, and have $0. there's a way to trick the server into giving you $802. this is a grandfathered rule from the midwest servers; they'll come after your firstborn if you do it there. i'll get a tps report out to all the admins as a reminder.

speaking of admins, has ANYONE seen TwIsTeD lately? tell him we miss him.

the dx one is a little more serious. by forcing your card into a certain version, it doesn't draw objects at a distance, but it does draw players. you could be safe behind a box on piranesi, but my 1337 skillz don't draw the box, and i see j00. it's like a poor mans wallhack. not allowed.

As many have noticed this is quite ILLEGAL at this point in time. Whether stated previously to this statement or not, it is common knowledge that any commands that enable you to see through boxes and walls, is ILLEGAL.

-from CAL

GC Alumni
so how do we as admin notice if people are doing this. is there a command that shows in console or anyway to tell if either of these cheats are being done.

Thomas

the money exploit is pretty obvious - when they're dead they'll switch to spectator and then rejoin the same team before respawn. some people will disconnect from the server, then instantly reconnect and join back into the game...usually before respawn too. the dx is hard to eye...maybe we should start using our teamspeak server for admin chat...

ok i will watch for that is it a offense that should result in a ban or what do you reccomend we do for punishment?

by the way sorry i have been gone the past few days i have been in san antonio for military duty. i am not feeling to well so i will be on all night tonight and a good portion of tommorow. i was gone wed thru sunday. but back as of today.

Thomas

so how do we as admin notice if people are doing this. is there a command that shows in console or anyway to tell if either of these cheats are being done.

Thomas

the money exploit is pretty obvious - when they're dead they'll switch to spectator and then rejoin the same team before respawn. some people will disconnect from the server, then instantly reconnect and join back into the game...usually before respawn too. the dx is hard to eye...maybe we should start using our teamspeak server for admin chat...

cant you use your admin to force commands on people? like set their dx to 9 or whatever it should be

back on old CS admins could force commands to change names and settings, dunno if its the same for CS:S

GC Alumni
on another note, i noticed that one of your other tweak posts told people how to force dx to 7.0 to remove foliage and stuff >_<

you might want to edit/delete that part of your post

+3 points for finding the easteregg in the west forums. keep it up!

:smiling2:

i think the dx thing is a side effect of one of the recent steam updates, but i don't really know. i just know it's becoming a problem on some source servers.

i hate that people find it necassary to cheat at a video game and make things see thru. what is fun about all that.

i have only been playing cs alot since source came out, i used to play sometimes on mcdougles computer back in the day. i only had a 128mghz compaq for a long time and it would barely run duke nukem 3d.

Thomas