Pvt, Snow, Left Dfence, Anti_gov, and Michigan Man

Girlgamer

I was wondering when you guys have time to go over srategies? I am available all night tonight, tomorrow night until 10pm, and Friday before the match, so if you could just post up some times, I would greatly appreciate it!!!

Also if any other GoCI members who are scimming in later matches would like to join to spectate and listen to strats it is definately a plus to do. I think we can use the GoCI server so just give me the times your available and hopefully we can get some practice beforehand...

hey, as much as i dont want to, im going to have to bail on this one.

friday is my birthday, and well, as much as i wanna play in a match, i wanna go out and celebrate too.

goodluck fellas, sorry to let you down :(

edit, i will still come to a practice whenever you guys decide, if i am around.

Edited by pvt.snowball

Thats ok snowball, last night I was telling Wolfsblood about everything anyway, so he'll be your back up... And it looks like everyone can make it tonight except for LeftDefence, and I'm not sure about anti_gov, but other than that I want to get in the server at 8pm EST tonight if everyone is ok with that? We'll put everyones ideas together, but on the big night I will be calling strats unless someone else has actually done it before... I've been in a few matches and have heard people call strats many times, and think I can handle it just fine... I know a couple strats for Dust 2 also so I think we will be able to hold our own!!

I will see everyone who can make it in the server tonight later! And Friday, since I won't be around tomorrow, we'll have to go over things with Left Defence and make sure he knows what is going down...

If 8pm EST doesn't work let me know, I can go earlier or a little bit later before 10pm...

Hey guys! Sorry about last night, things didn't go quite as I planned. Thanks to both of you coming though!!!

I am just going to go over strats in written form, but Friday night before the match it would be nice to get everyone in and actually show it.

Map: de_dust_2

CT side:

This side is really easy, 2 at A, 2 at A, and one in the middle... And since I know I'm pretty good with an AWP, and I hold my own pretty well, I'll take middle... I need two of you who at least know how to use a scope halfway descent to go to each bombsite. So it will be 1 scope, 1 close counters at A and B bombsites.

Now I have played a match on Dust_2 and we played against a team of all awpers, so we got wiped pretty fast... I was the only one on my team pretty much using an awp when I could... So don't be afraid to back down if you hear or see an AWP, because most of you are better at close counters, but this map is an AWP map, so just be careful.

T side:

Now there are many different strats for T side on this map! There are diversions and then there are full on rushes... Since we don't have too much time to work on this I want to keep it simple...

These are what I will call out unless there are suggestions before tomorrow or even tomorrow...

Pistol round I want to try a long A rush, just because in my experience everyone expects you to go B with glocks... They will prolly have 2 ppl there just as we will on that side, so if we rush with all 5 we should be able to get them, plant the bomb, and hold our own. This may change so I will keep you updated. Depending on whether we lose or win that round doesn't matter. If we win we know they can't buy much, so I want us to stick with Deagles or MP5's, and light armor. If we lose, the same, more than likely Deagles though...

After pistol round our strats will be different and changing, so I will call it how I feel...

Five different all out rushes will be, long A, short A, middle to A, middle to B, tunnel B. I more than likely will not call out middle to A, because thats just a death trap.

Sometimes I want to do a 2, 3 rush, where 3 go short A, and 2 go long... So while the ones at short are creating a diversion the ones at long can snipe them off or the other way around.

Also I want to do diversions, where 2 go B and make some noise while the other three are going A, I will of course call these out and hopefully you will all understand it... Also diversions can go the other way aound, so just listen to me and it should go ok.

The whole standing in the middle watching which way CT goes is useless in competition because more than likely they will have it evenly split everytime... Sometimes they might stack a bombsite but thats very unlikely.

The game will be a lot easier with one person talking at the begginning of each round, and if you don't know rules for TWL go and read them now... The captain is the only one who writes anything in the game and thats me... I will call out while time is counting down at the beginning of a round what you need to buy. But when your on CT call out exactly how many enemies you see, never call out there all here if there is only one or two... If I want you to do save rounds I will tell you to buy a mp5 or deagle with ammo of course. If we save sometimes and buy less and lose a round, the next rounds will be easier because we saved!

If you guys have suggestions or anything you want to add let me know before tomorrow night.

I will be available tonight for a little while, so any questions ask, and after 6:30 pm I will be gone, but i will be available all day tomorrow!

Also I want to do diversions, where 2 go B and make some noise while the other three are going A, I will of course call these out and hopefully you will all understand it... Also diversions can go the other way aound, so just listen to me and it should go ok.

Don't forget the nades and flashbangs when you're causing a ruckus at the other bombsite.

Don't forget the nades and flashbangs when you're causing a ruckus at the other bombsite.

Thats what I mean when I say noise, but ya thanks for clarifying it for them if they didn't know... I'm just used to saying that. So Kru, any advice?

Ok change of plans, I have until 10pm EST tonight if anyone else has the time, and I have admin to another server that i can run much better. They said I can use it for whatever so if you want to practice this is the time to do it!!!

SO, as I read GirlGamers post about the match, we are playing the match on de_dust2, first as T, then as ct. Correct? No other maps on this Friday night?

Other things, where are we playing the match (server ip), and when should we be in server ( or meeting up prior to the match for pre-game pep talk ;) etc)?

Also, I assume we will be using ventrilo for team communication like we did on wed night. Should we disable "in-game chat"? Michigan Man, do you have, or can you get and install ventrilo prior to the match?

May I also guess that by the use of a third party chat program, that communication from dead teammates to living teammates concerning events in the current round are allowed?

Also, I read on the TWL rules for ladders (or maybe leagues) that in-game chat is only to be used by team captains, this refers to the typed commands (default "y" for all chat, or "u" for team chat) Is the "team-chat" allowed?

Another item i saw was the rule about NO sprays. Might be a good idea to disable your "spray" key to prevent accidently hitting it.

Yeah,I have a lot of questions, but this is my first time in match play, and perhaps others as well.

Looking forward to the match. See ya Friday. :)

SO, as I read GirlGamers post about the match, we are playing the match on de_dust2, first as T, then as ct.  Correct?  No other maps on this Friday night?

Other things, where are we playing the match (server ip), and when should we be in server ( or meeting up prior to the match for pre-game pep talk ;) etc)?

Also, I assume we will be using ventrilo for team communication like we did on wed night.  Should we disable "in-game chat"?  Michigan Man, do you have, or can you get and install ventrilo prior to the match? 

May I also guess that by the use of a third party chat program, that communication from dead teammates to living teammates concerning events in the current round are allowed?

Also, I read on the TWL rules for ladders (or maybe leagues) that in-game chat is only to be used by team captains, this refers to the typed commands (default "y" for all chat, or "u" for team chat)  Is the "team-chat" allowed?

Another item i saw was the rule about NO sprays.  Might be a good idea to disable your "spray" key to prevent accidently hitting it.

Yeah,I have a lot of questions, but this is my first time in match play, and perhaps others as well. 

Looking forward to the match.  See ya Friday. :)

The matches are only one map. If you remember the part in the rules where it says that 15 rounds are played, then the teams swap sides and game is restarted. From the looks of things we're probably going to play on their server through the entire match. IP: 70.86.129.130:27015. Try it out before tomorrow night. Why disable voice chat? Almost all teams use Ventrilo, Teamspeak, or some other chat program during matches, and the dead guys talking to the live guys shouldn't matter. Team chat is allowed. All chat would be a section for spamming and insulting the other team. I mentioned the things you could do to take care of any problems with the custom models and the spray thing in a previous thread. Best thing to do is to join our server or the one Girlgamer was talking about and go through all the stuff before the match. Don't forget the other things mentioned in the rules. Remember to take the screenshots you are supposed to and record a demo of the match.