Hi anyone kind enough to read this, I have a problem.

I recieved some new memory yesterday and to celebrate finnally having a gig of RAM I decided to up my settings all the way just to try it out and see if I noticed any difference..... well as soon as I set my resolution into the 1280x____ range my monitor shut off and displayed a monitor message "Out of Range". You should have heard my girlfriend laughing :luxhello: .... It was quite the joke. Well now whenever I try to start CS:S my monitor goes "Out of Range" and flicks off so I can't fix my resolution in the options menu :bang: so now I'm stuck w/o my CS:S which we all know is a bad bad thing.

For anyone giving suggestions I'll list things I think might help or that I have tried.

-The first thing I tried was to test the other monitors in the house... no luck.

-Then I uninstalled CS:S and Steam and reinstalled... that too failed.

-I did my best to search the CS:S help feature provided by Steam... I couldn't find anything

-On what I hope is a positive note before the resolution change I had had the Console "~" enabled so if anyone knows a console command to fix res. please share.

Sure hope someone has the fix for me so I can get MY fix :spin2:

Appreciate anyone taking time to read this,

Pantsandhat

At work right now, so I'm kinda taking a stab in the dark since I can't check for sure.  But usually anything in that settings menu can be found in your config.cfg file.  Try scanning through that file and see if you see a resolution call out, if so change it to what ever you want the default to be and safe the file.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just took a look in my config file and if it is in there I sure dont recognize it. I going to poke around and see if i cant find out what the resolution commad would be called. Thanks for guess!

• 2 weeks later...