Wow Jamazing!

I've been meaning to try cl_interpolate 0 and cl_interp 0.01 for a while but never got around to it until today. It seems like a whole new game and has made my life (CS) much easier.

Before:

jamazing1.jpg

jamazing2.jpg

jamazing3.jpg

After:

jamazing4.jpg

jamazing5.jpg

jamazing6.jpg

The last of the "before" pictures was earlier today, so its not one of those "having a good CS day". The After pictures were on Scopeless just after changing the command. If anyone is having trouble with registration or when your shooting at people your thinking "how the heck did i miss!?" or "how the heck did he not die!?", this is the command for you. All my shots after changing the command have registered exactly where i expect them too, no suprises. I did try this command for a few days when we were on 33tic servers but it was much too jerky. Its extremely smooth with 100tic.

Our team got kinda creamed in all those after pictures. We won Dust 2 by two matches, lost Italy by fives matches and lost on Aztec by seven matches.

Also, NV sucks on Dust 2, SOO bright. I wouldn't recommend it.

(edited)

yea, the whole ticrate thing is kinda odd, i use

cl_interp 0.010

cl_interpolate 1

But now that the servers are 100tic, maybe i should try the more drastic of the changes :)

Update: I guess i wont be trying it anytime soon as STEAM appears to be down for like half of its users. wonderful. Wont let me connect :(

Edited by k-wix

(edited)

On a 33tic server it runs choppy because you are only sending and receiving updates from the server 33 times a second (I think its per second), with 100tic it is sending and receiving 100 times a second. Since it is three times faster it removes any choppiness as far as i can tell.

If you still find it choppy, I think you can use different numbers like, cl_interpolate 0.5, so it is inbetween off and on.

Edit: Fixed spelling errors so Mr.Fatty and other teachers across America don't get angry.

Edited by VooDooPC

I've had on-and-off success with the interpolate command. I do agree that the command runs much smoother on the high tic server and I'm not so against running with interpolate 0 for long periods of time.

Interpolate has to do with rendering of characters and their corresponding hit boxes either in sink with sent info or guessed by your interp value. If set to "1" then it will take your interp value and move the hitboxes the distance it "should" move durring the times between the server tics. If set to "0" then it will only move the hitbox when the server tics info telling where the hitbox actually is. The only problem here is that lag/choke/loss on your end may be telling you the hitbox is in the wrong spot when in reality the hitbox has moved and you just dont know it yet. Effectively, when turned on, the computer guesses where the hitbox is based on your interp setting.

So at a tic rate of 33 the players hitboxes only move 33 times a second with interpolate "0". If set to "1" the hitboxes will update ever tic, along with every frame of rendered data (so if fps was at 67 then the hitbox will update 67 times).

Does this make sense?