Here it is....

Bubblegum Bandit

Ok, so the new forum is up, lets make some use of it. I plan on pinning a topic soon that we can use to house links to tutorial and informational sites. Stand by for that. Since I'm getting into Photography, I'll make the first thread about photography. Photography is about 10% camera and 90% timing and eye, nevertheless you gotta have a camera to take the pictures. So, what kind of equipment do you use/own?

My arsenal:

35mm:

N50 SLR

AF Nikkor 35-80mm f/4-/22 lens

AF Sigma 70-210mm f/4-/22 lens

Digital:

D70 SLR

AF DX Nikkor 18-70mm f/3.5-/22

Flash:

Nikon SB-600

Media:

SanDisk 1.0 GB Ultra II

Casio ZX-120 for the drop in your pocket and go convience.

I have the Canon SLR (Rebel).

I don't use the Canon lense though, I have a Sigma lense. I think they are much better. I have a crappy flash right now.... but given that I want to buy a DSLR, I'm not spending the cash to replace it.

We also have the Canon Power Shot A75, for the easy to carry camera. Also, unfortionatly, it is our only digital camera, so it serves the need for quick pictures.

I have the same Canon Power Shot A75, it is a very nice camera for some quick pictures. It doesnt do great videos or anything but my mom did get some videos of the hurricane and they looked and sounded pretty good and they gave me a feeling of what it was like there.

Expensive hobby...

Canon 350D Rebel XT

17-40 f/4 L

24-70 f/2.8 L

70-200 IS f/2.8 L

50 1.8

85 1.8

Canon Speedlight 580EX

Wishlist

Canon 5D (full CCD for only $3k :<)

Favorite WWW

http://www.fredmiranda.com/

-The contests are cool

-Favorite forum is "City, Still life & Abstract"

-People actually give others constructive feedback

-The Buy&Sell forum rocks

The End

• 2 months later...
24-70 f/2.8 L

70-200 IS f/2.8 L

Those suckers get a little heavy eh? I had a 16-35 2.8 and a 24-70 2.8 rented for the new years weekend to shoot my first wedding. Really really nice glass, and massively huge compared to what I'm used to.

I also shoot with a Rebel XT. Although my lens selection is rather unsubstantial, lol.

Canon 18-55mm F3.5-5.6.

Canon 35-135mm F4-5.6.

Canon 50mm F1.8 prime(best cheap lens out there).

I use a Sigma 500 super flash and I have 2 1gb cf cards(generic scandisk and a fotosource 45x) and 1 512mb card(fotosource 45x).

-George :freak3:

Yeah, the 24-70 is a BEAST. And it doesn't balance right with my XT. But it's the money shot lens for a reason! I bought it used for $900...

Since my post in Nov, I've picked up a new prime. I wanted a small and fast prime for daily walkaround use.

Canon 35mm f/2.0 (sub $200)

madison.deviant.de/eric/35MM_1.JPG

madison.deviant.de/eric/35MM_1.JPG

(I didn't take these photos, but the guy beind the camera is using my lens :P)