cfg

Kilzugud

Well, hehe, sorta complicated now. Maybe you can help.

Problem #1: My gun animations for reloading and shooting (and sometimes the actual gun) disappear when i change my settings to interpolate 0.

Problem #2: This one really ticks my clock. I am unable to see any sprays. I set my r_decals 1 (which by the way the default is now something like r_decals 2403 or some outrageous number) but the spray MIGHT show itself for half a second then disappear.

Problem 3: My default internet connection in settings resets everytime i retart steam and the rates it set range from 5000-20000, unlike the 25000 i used before update.

Problem #4: Not even sure if interpolate 0 works anymore

Problem #5: The choke is still present in large quantatees most of the time.

Problem #6: Only seems that this choke happens on GC midwest servers #1 and #2

Positive: Love that HUD skin, although my radar still is just green. I can actually see the numbers. If you have anymore HUD skins that you use, i would appreciate if you could tell me which ones you use besides marine blue. Would love to try them out.

I try usen your settings but this stuff still happens that i listed above. I think it has to do with steam, the routers or watever for GC servers, or my isp/wireless. Help! It might just fix itself all of a sudden one day but i dont know.

yea its your connection. if i were you, i would run ping plotter or a trace route and see where your problem lies.....

also, every little thing helps as far as graphics....fps...registration and so on. that is y sprays are turned off. same with bodies. its just onemore thing that has to register on your computer as far as graphics or whatever. best to leave them off but it is your call in the end.

(edited)

Check out this thread for more info, kilz's cfg is this guys cfg minus acouple more things, plus he explains heapsize and also video drivers. Every FPS Config is basically stolen from this guy, he is an admin from the cal forums, my topic from like febuary in #1 channel is from him and lux's cfg is too

http://forums.caleague.com/showthread.php?t=549

Edited by M2.gc

I am still confused about what pingplotter does. I thought M2 said it showed loss only. I had about the same numbers as M2 when i ran it. I also do not understand how my connection is at total fault. Other servers run much smoother at the moment and i rarely get choke above 5. GC west server is an example. On inferno i got max 10 choke with average about 3 or 2 and no loss. How can i see where my problem lies with pingplotter?

Positive:  Love that HUD skin, although my radar still is just green.  I can actually see the numbers.  If you have anymore HUD skins that you use, i would appreciate if you could tell me which ones you use besides marine blue.  Would love to try them out. 

Only one I use is that one. Something must not have been inserted right if the radar isn't working. Before the update you could see your HUD when you were blind, so it was useful when someone would throw a flash and I'd try taking them out before they followed me as I run away. I knew I was safe after I saw "+$300" for the kill.

hehe.  What about the fact that my default r_decals is now set at 2301 or some insane number.  thought default was supposed to be 1

set it to like 100, default is about 2301 or so, its the amount of bullet holes it will save basically, so your comp has to remember alot of holes lol, i put it at 0, holes dont help you

Nuts. I need ur help again Kruten. I placed the different files in what i thought to be the right places for the HUD change. But, my radar didnt work and my HUD is only partially blue (the time left is not blue) and the names of the cts when killed or killing is not dark blue. I tried to move stuff around and now i am lost. Do i open the folders and drag the individual things out? I need input on where to put everything. Sorry if this is a bore to you. Just call me computer challenged

Ok, here is the deal. My provider is Charter (high speed) and i am on wireless. I know your going to say that wireless and this cable company is my problem. But, i never had issues with choke and loss before, so i dont understand how all of a sudden it could die out on me. I just realized that it could possible be a needed videocard update and i did find that my 5.09 catalyst is outa date and 5.11 is the new one. I dont know if this will make a difference but i will post back with my results. Also. i had cmdrate 100 instead of 101. I changed it to 101 and on 5.0 servers, my choke and loss went down to almost none from 20 or so. Could 1 digit change like that make a big difference?