baldur's gate 2

Sir Shertown Pimp

Great Game! I played it about half way through, set it aside for about 3 months, picked it back up and played the heck out of it. Even bought the strat guide from Prima so I didn't miss anything. It takes a good long time to beat and a good party building strat.

I got a copy of the expansion but only played it for about 3-4 hours of gameplay before I got drawn in to the 3rd gen D&D games comming out such as Neverwinter Nights.

Hells yes - one of the best RPG games ever.

Did finish it - loads of fun - and damn, were those Lichs hard (if they got thier time stop off on ya....)

Made my primary a paladin (liked the dichotomy) - tanked him up something fierce.

Holy Avenger plus anti-magic cloak (plus the other assorted armors...) = all but literally untouchable. Loads of fun.

I started on the expansion after this (where you do flip your guy into godhood) but never quite got through it all - really should revisit that.

<geek mode>

Wished I still had the save game when this happened - meant to save it but...oh well.

The paladin with the anti-magic, etc. Yeah - so, its in the underdark, there is this mage gonna do stuff - caught me off guard the first time - no problem - reload and send the Paladin in to deal.

My guy blows him away so fast, and does it with a critical blow, that the game engine doesn't quite know what to do...

Why did I want to save this game (or at least get a screen shot)?

The evil mage threw up an anti-magic shield of his own, but I killed him right when it went up.

So picture this (for those that have played this game)

An anti-magic shield on the ground, and within, spinning-twirlling gibbage (as when I sliced the mage it was a critical-turn-them-into-chunks-of-meat hit).

*and*

The gibbage still thinks its people and tries to cast spells (spells that do nothing as it's not people - it's gibbage)

Told ya the engine freaked out.

Funniest damn thing...

</geek mode>

-Fk