Why do so few UT2004 players...

Are we an antisocial bunch or what?

I was hoping this would be a good spot to chat about the game, but I never see anyone post here except for mods and admins. Is there a secret place you guys all go and chat about the game, or are you all so talked out about it that there isn't much else to say? I get the same feeling when I play and nobody is using their mics. Is everybody communicating with a different method?

Well, hopefully this will change when 2007 is released.

In the mean time, I have a quick question about UT2004. I've been trying to figure out how to bind my AVRIL to a key and I can't do it through the game dialog. Can anyone help me? Also, are there any other cool key binding I should be aware of. I feel like I've been playing for a few months now and I still haven't scratched the surface.

DSM,

The UT folks respond in a members-only forum. There is LOTS of information in there, including keybinds, deathmatching strategies, vehicle strategies, ONS strategies, upcoming TWL matches, etc. Basically, exactly the stuff you've been talking about.

When you join GC, you'll have access to all that information too. Also, I've given many personal training sessions in Unreal Tournament for GC members, and that invitation would be extended to you too.

Just something to think about...

And to answer your question, open the user.ini file (in the UT2004 system directory) and next to the key you want to bring up the avril, add

getweapon Onslaught.ONSAVRiL

For example, if you wanted the G key to bring up the Avril,

g=getweapon Onslaught.ONSAVRiL

Would be nice...

The majority of our conversations though UT-wise are either specific to our GC member's TWL 6v6 ONS competitive team or random server updates that members should be aware of (over and above public anouncements)

We just got around to cleaning up the forums a bit so you should expect some more action down these parts in the future.

I've tried to do a weekly update down here but haven't been too regular with it yet.

Have to say though, this past Saturday evening - even though numbers were down all around due to the holidays, Nepenthe had the *most* competitive Dria match I've seen - probably ever. Standard 3-2 win, each round OT, but that last round...

Wow.

Took at least 15 minutes of literally back and forth - one sides primary down - then recovered and the other side's primary down, rinse and repeat over and over.

Amazing round.

-Fk

Yah, the server was pretty packed out that night. I wound up playing on a different server. I forget where it was (Texas?) offhand, but the maps were very cool. It had an Air Mars map that was so sweet. I stayed on that all night, drinking whiskey and coke and getting my rear handed to me, punctuated with moments of brilliance. Wish I coulda' been in on the Dria match though. That's one of my favorite maps.

I think what FlitterKill was getting at is you'd have a reserved spot on Nepenthe, so you are always guaranteed a spot even if the server is full.  :peace:

What he say.

And enough with the zombies already Unclean - and none of this aliasing crap from you either.

Get back in here so I can die on a more regular basis :)

-Fk

And enough with the zombies already Unclean - and none of this aliasing crap from you either.

Get back in here so I can die on a more regular basis :)

-Fk

But zombies are so cool! Plus as the only lead admin, the server settings are always needing some type of tweaking. But it seems like the zombie server has taken on a bit of organic growth here, so I can leave it be for awhile. Expect to see me in Nepenthe more.

About the aliasing (not to hijack too much), I'm actually looking to change my handle. Some ideas I've been kicking around are ThunderBear (it's just plain silly), Dr.awkwa.rD (a palindrome), Happiness! (it's funny to me to have someone's screen show up "You were killed by Happiness!"), DoubleTap (military term for two hits in quick succession, usually a chest and headshot), and a few others. Aliasing is my way of "trying out" these names to find one I like. The only considerations I'm struggling with are 1) can my forum name here be changed here? and 2) should I let everyone else in the ONS community know, or just become an unknown again? (I like being unknown)

The only considerations I'm struggling with are 1) can my forum name here be changed here? and 2) should I let everyone else in the ONS community know, or just become an unknown again? (I like being unknown)

Yeah - just let the fat one know and it can be changed (see I.S. to Lex)

-Fk

YOU GUYS ARE KILLING ME.

About the aliasing (not to hijack too much), I'm actually looking to change my handle. Some ideas I've been kicking around are ThunderBear (it's just plain silly), Dr.awkwa.rD (a palindrome), Happiness! (it's funny to me to have someone's screen show up "You were killed by Happiness!"), DoubleTap (military term for two hits in quick succession, usually a chest and headshot), and a few others. Aliasing is my way of "trying out" these names to find one I like. The only considerations I'm struggling with are 1) can my forum name here be changed here? and 2) should I let everyone else in the ONS community know, or just become an unknown again? (I like being unknown)

Just ask Ebits for some of his names :biglaugha: he has a whole book of em. :D

Come on Dogstar, you can do it man. If I can fork out the money for admin you can pop for member, dude. Just do like I did---DON'T TELL THE WIFE :o:biglaugha: Anyhoo, ya there are a lot of things to learn, some really cool tricks and stuff. As far as the keybindings go, just use the weapons tab and keybind it that way, its easier. Keep coming back to the forums and Nep, we're in and out most of the nite. See you all tonight for the match.