Christmas Music

Sir Shertown Pimp

The wife and I really enjoy parody christmas music. (bob rivers does a lot).

Hark the hairlip angles

Walking around in womens underwear

12 pains of christmas

oh holy night (cartman)

etc, etc, etc.

As for "real" xmas music. I really enjoy the classics, even more so I enjoy listening to them from records. I have a good collection of records, and I am getting a new (yes I said new) record player this christmas :D

Mmmm, turntables. Nothing like a good ol', solid, reliable belt-driven turntable for cranking out the vintage tunes.

I like the classics "O Holy Night" and "The First Noel" sung by baritones are fantastic. I particularly like the Crash Test Dummies' version of The First Noel.

Carol of the Bells done by a full-voice (SATB) choir is wonderful, too.

Then, I'm also a big fan of more modern/modernized Christmas music.

The Barenaked Ladies doing "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen/We Three Kings", The Trans-Siberian Orchestra, along with Metallica's guitarists performing Carol of the Bells for Christmas in Sarajevo.

And Bing Crosby and David Bowie doing "The Little Drummer Boy", and The Eagles doing an old Charles Brown song: "Please Come Home for Christmas". That song is always a classic.

Edited by Norguard

I really enjoy the classics.

There is a CD called 'The Majesty and Glory of Christmas'. Personally I love it. Its choral and christian. They did some songs I had never heard before. It's an older CD so we have listened to it enough that it just 'sounds' like christmas.

I also love Handel's Messiah. I don't particularly care to listen to the whole thing at once but enjoy the main 'christmas' parts.