Rates

ThruX

:unsure: How all. I have a question about rates. The other night somone said i needed to update. I went into conale and typed rates and it came up as 25000. i later found out it is for choke and loss and needs to be adujested accordingly. what my question is what should my choke and loss be at. It is usually at loss 0 choke 0, and when running in shadows choke is 10 and in firefights choke jump to 40-60 i cannot seem to find the sweet spot. would that have a effect on shot registration? i just waste a clip at point blank and do 0 damage. well i understand some of you guys have things set up for personal pref. but if someone could point me in the right direction i would appreciate alot thanks

You can probably reduce that loss and choke by reducing your cl_cmdrate and cl_updaterate. Also, you might be able to reduce it by moving rate either up or down. Ideally you'll see no choke or loss ever, realistically you just want to reduce it as much as possible.

Heya Chief. Told ya posting here would get oyu some better responses then in server ;)

Heres the scoop.

Its not so much Personal preferences, but what works for Your machine and Your connection. On top of that, it depends on the server you are in.

Start with something basic.

rate 15000

cl_updaterate 30

cl_cmdrate 35

from there work your uprate upwards 5 at a time. If it stays smooth, add 5 to your cmdrate.

continue.

Use net_graph 3 to show your choke and loss.

As soon as either start to climb, back the last one you changed to where it was.

Give it a good several minutes of varying gameplay between changes.

Once you are as high as you can go ( with loss STAYING at 0 and choke 0-9), move your rate upwards 2000 at a time with same process.

In a perfect world on a perfect 100 tic server maxed at 30000 you would run:

cl_updaterate 100

cl_cmdrate 100

rate 30000

But that prolly wont happen.

In GC, I run

rate 25000

cl_updaterate 55

cl_cmdrate 65

On a hyperserver near me I could run 100/100/30000.

It depends on YOUR fps, YOUR pipeline, YOUR cpu, etc

If your getting choke in shadows I would mess with your graphics settings as well as the framerate WILL affect choke.

Make sure your shadow stuff is set to low.

Also, you can have different .cfg files.

You can make a GC.cfg for here

Or a Pub.cfg if your out and about ( better not Ill hunt ya ) and find yourself in a 33tic server ( cl_updaterate 33, cl_cmdrate 33)

When you need to switch jsut type in console as soon as you enter the server

exec GC.cfg

or

exec lowchoker.cfg

or

exec maxxed.cfg ( when ya want the eyecandy)

its up to you

BTW ....woot 5 posts!! Glad I got ya in here for the 5th hehehe.