Severe lag (only on West)

Since Im playing all the way from Canada, I usually have a latency in the 70's to 90's. Its not great, but no one has ever complained about my lag... but 2 days ago, my latency on West has been 350 - 500...?!?!?

Anyone have any ideas why? I can play just fine on Midwest, but its just not the same as West... I dunno why... it just is... ;)

Anyways, I really want to get back on West, so if anyone has suggestions on why my lag to ONLY West is so high and how I can fix it (short of moving down to Cali -- which actually might happen in the near future), please lemme know!

TIA.

I've been having 300-600 latency a lot lately too. To be honest.. i have no idea what's causing it now either. I'm in SD and the server's in LA *2 hour drive away?*

So.. if you find out what it is, feel free to share the information. :]

there's been a known issue with sbc routes to southern california since christmas. as far as i knew, it's ONLY affected northern california sbc customers.

a few days ago, a tech from our game server provider stopped in to let us know there are reported nationwide ATT problems.

soo...

grab ping plotter, run a test to the west server, and post your results either as text or a screenshot.

fyi, my ping to west atm is 919ms. :(

(edited)

Thanks for the info on the routing problems going on down there. Looks like it its the hop going to eqix-peer.ord01.mzima.net thats causing the problems :(

ping7rm.th.png

Guess I cant do anything but sit and wait for it to fix itself... in the mean time, I guess I'll see Alvin in MW more often ;)

Edited by SuperNerd