Project Offset

JackieChan

At the end of the movies, I also think it's their tagline, says "The first Epic Fantasy FPS."

The Morrowind games and pretty much all the Elder Scroll games are epic (very big and lots of stuff to do) fantasy (dragons, magic) FPS (First person shooters).

Ultima Underworld 1 and 2 were, IMO, very epic. They were also FPS RPGS (one of the first ones) and it came out in 1991 (first) and in 1993 (second).

I just think that their slogan as "The first Epic Fantasy FPS" is kind of misleading... But I am definately going to play this one. As well as Elderscrolls 4.

LOL I LOVED Ultima Underworld 1 & 2!!!  The stigian abyss rocked!!

I admit, I never really played that game because back then, that game kind of scared me the way my brothers would get freaked out by it... but believe me, I watched them play it ALL the time.

LOL I remember my brother couldn't beat the game because he threw his potion bag at the table (to free some space) and it disappeared. It apparently had a potion he needed to progress. But I did see how the second and first one were beaten since they put countless hours into that game.

If the oppertunity came along, I would purchase a low-end computer, put Windows 3.1 on it, and play ALL those old games I loved so much...

(edited)

I re-bought UU1+2 in a bargin pack, my old copies were on floppys.. This one works on XP..

You know, the game you posted about looks and sounds alot like 'The Wheel of Time'. I love the books and had to get the game, the multi-player is a blast..

Edited by Batman

I re-bought UU1+2 in a bargin pack, my old copies were on floppys..  This one works on XP..

You know, the game you posted about looks and sounds alot like 'The Wheel of Time'.  I love the books and had to get the game, the multi-player is a blast..

It works on XP?!?!?!?!?

You've got to send me a copy of it!!!

I re-bought UU1+2 in a bargin pack, my old copies were on floppys..  This one works on XP..

You know, the game you posted about looks and sounds alot like 'The Wheel of Time'.  I love the books and had to get the game, the multi-player is a blast..

It works on XP?!?!?!?!?

Yeah thats the reason I bought it, that an its on CD.. The manuals are on the CS as well..

GC Alumni
(edited)

It works on XP?!?!?!?!?

Yeah thats the reason I bought it, that an its on CD.. The manuals are on the CS as well..

My original version was on a CD as well. Came in that bundle pack my brother got back in like 1995 or something.

ONLY way my brother was able to beat the game was when he typed in "volcano" to that ghost who asks you to ask him anything.

Edited by JackieChan

Seen a game like that before... can't remember the name of it. This game could be incredible or, which is probably more likely, is gonna look darn cool with great models but terrible gameplay. Every game I've seen that started off this promising ended up disappointing me greatly.