ONS-DG-Fallout

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Guest
Guest Guest
Guest Guest
Guests

Nice map; could be fun to play online. It's noticably assymetric, though I don't know how unbalanced it might be. It would be a big DL from redirect server, and I've noticed in past this tends to initially annoy players until most people have it in their cache so that there is minimal delay in joining. Expect some complaints at first, then.

Considering - need to give it another kick though

Anyone else want to chime in?

-Fk

Oops. Thought I was still logged in when I posted this:

Nice map; could be fun to play online. It's noticably assymetric, though I don't know how unbalanced it might be. It would be a big DL from redirect server, and I've noticed in past this tends to initially annoy players until most people have it in their cache so that there is minimal delay in joining. Expect some complaints at first, then.

Considering - need to give it another kick though

Anyone else want to chime in?

-Fk

How's about I flip this in for Urban then?

Might get Red Planet back into the mix as well

Sometime tonight

Also, off topic here but wth... Dropping two slots didn't help packet loss much - as expected - this is nothing server wise we can fix so... :( And yes, I did add in two more spec slots but specs do nothing really so... eh..

I'll kick Tom at Vipers and see what's what with the flip to new pipes

-Fk

Fallout is a good map, but it's a server killer. Can we bring back Urban??

I believe dropping the two slots has helped with the lag issue. There's still lag but not as bad as before.

Huge download is a small nuisance but Fallout really suffers from node config. 3 connects to the core and 2 of them direct makes for ultra quick rounds.

Just took a look at node configs on the url above and they are better. Circular is a chokepoint & Linear looks like the best for some decent action. Flitter, if you feel like it giving it another shot, you may wanna flip that map back into rotation with the Linear config.