BF2 Problms

Pestilence

I just purchased BF2 today and installed it on my computer. I was trying to find the Unknown Soldiers server to play on because I heard they are a lot like GC servers, but thats besides the point.

Anyways I found out there is a patch so I download it (only took about 2.5 hours :boo: ) and install it and everything and look for the server again with no luck. So then I become slightly smarter and go to their website, write down the IP's for the servers and punch them in to join. Well, both IP's I wrote down are invalid so I go and verify they are correct and they are. :boo:

I figure out well i'll just play on any server for the time being and find the other one later. So I go to join a server and I get a stupid "LOC_cd key not valid" error. So then I post in the EA Battlefield forum asking someone to help me out and i'm still waiting. :boo: And i'm posting here as well.

If anyone can help me out I would appreciate it very much. I can't wait to play this game and it makes me very aggitated that something stupid like this has to happen. :bang: I have never had such a prblm with any game trying to play it online. Any game that is that i've had that HASN'T been bootlegged. :unsure:

Bah, i'm such a noob, I figured it out. Anyways anyone else play let me know? Cuz I want a cool server to play at, i'll pry be gettin the expansion next week. We can start an ubercool clan or something and pwn some noobs. Let me know!

Edited by Pestilence

• 4 weeks later...

I bought BF2 the day it came out, but i have only played it like 10 times because I can never find any good servers. Also, because I will snipe some guy like 5 times and he will not die :boo: ... something is wrong with the sniper rifle in that game.

(edited)

I've found a couple of good servers, one being an unknown soldiers server. If you want the ip address I can get it for you. I have like 1 or 2 other decent severs I play on also.

I had the prblm with sniping, but I think it all matters where you aim and whatnot. After I got the Lance Corpral rank I got to unlock a new more powerful sniper rifle. I got 19 kills, all one shot one kill before someone got me, it was sweet.

I usually try to aim for the head, nothing feels better then watching someone through the scope in your crosshairs running straight at you at like 1,000 feet away. One shot knocks them backwards and kills them.

Some of the weapons really do stink, I used to use the spec ops kit and did alright with it. Most of the time now I use the support light machine gun as a sniper rifle or I use the sniper rifle. Sometimes it still takes 4-5 hits to kill.

Another cool weapon I believe is called the G3, its the assault upgrade, its powerful and accurate too.

Anyways if you guys ever play let me know and i'll try to find you. Its really cool if you get on a good server where there is actually teamwork and no smacktards.

Edited by Pestilence

• 1 month later...

The hitboxes have improved and are ...actually... there now. The face area is lethal or almost lethal. Oh, and though I am retired from =US= clan I still play on the servers. Hit me up on xfire if you wanna play, we can make a GC squad one night. :D