My turn

Chief

I am no pedestrian. With blessings I can barely believe, I have landed myself a motor vehicle. Isn't there a guy with a tuner shop in Chicago in the gc community, I remember seeing pix of an M3. Anyway, I could use help getting pointed to good places (I'll start with google) to do some TRD tweaks to brakes, exhaust, turbo. Maybe suspension--I'll decide after I've gotten some miles on it, as it is I like it for the type of driving I'll be doing. A little soft, but I love the creamy smoothness. Will be at least summer though before I move beyond research and have money to spend on it.

I've already found some articles about a TRD turbo and it sounds promising with like 50hp with a worry-free 4 lbs. of boost. That sounds like a nice way to capitalize on my new Toyota reliability.

Solara_pimpin.jpg

Solara_nice_ass.jpg

Solara_interior.jpg

Solara_rear_left.jpg

Solara_rear_right.jpg

Solara_front_left.jpg

Solara_right.jpg

Much thanks to the Hubler's from Hubler Chevrolet in Shelbyville, IN for helping to make this happen given my current status. We've been friends with the Hublers for a long time and they're good people. If you're looking for a vehicle let me know and I can send you their way.

www.drivehubler.com

Nice car! My dad has the same but black. Ebay is your best bet for cheap parts.

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/

http://www.solaraguy.org/

I havent been to those forums but it is a good start for you.

I'm on 9thgencorolla.com.

Oh yeah mods for ya!

Tien S-Tech Springs

Short Ram Intake

Greedy SP2 Cat Back

New taillights

Projectors

News rims and you're set :)

Edited by bullet-401

Bullet - thx for the info, anything to speed up my learning curve is appreciated.

Yomama - I don't know, I need to do research, but I think that the Solara SLE only comes with a V6/auto combo. I figured that's why the TRD package only had 4pounds of boost. Don't tell me TRD came out with the turbo for the Solara 4 banger and not the v6. Or is there a manual V6 option that I didn't know about. 250 hp seems modest for a car, which is what this thing'd have after 50hp.

To be honest the 200hp feels fine in the car, but a little more potency on the onramp would be nice. I'm a V8 guy, so the V6 is fine but I want a llllllllllllittle more pull.