bubblegum

Kenger

just saw u were from denver in another post :) u ski or snowboard? I'm heading there on sunday to friday to ride a-basin and vail and 2 other mtns around that area. my first big trip away from east coast ice so im really excited :)

I've lived in Summit County the past two winters.

contact me via email if you want to know some of the "local" spots, both on and off the mountains.

fisher.steve@gmail.com

Edited by mohawk

Yes I ski. My favorite mountains out here are Copper and Winter Park. Breck is huge but its usually packed full of people as well. A-Basin is much smaller and has mostly intermediate to advanced terrain. I haven't skied Vail since I moved out here(bout 3 years ago) but its supposed to be like Breck but better from what I hear. I've skied Keystone as well, and its pretty nice, not as big of crowds usually. I've posted some pictures here recently of our trips up this year. We don't ski as much as we'd like with a 1+ year old in the family now.

Its a good time to come out and ski though. Record snow falls. I think most of the resorts have already received 200+ inches of snow this year and have bases of like 80-90 inches.

it's too bad you couldn't go to a real winter destination like lake tahoe. i lived there for 5 winters, my sister lived in/around summit for 4. i laughed everytime she told me about their "storms" that would "dump" 10 inches. we only measure dumps in feet, usually 3+.

get in touch with mohawk or bub. seeing a mountain from the trailmap is completely different than seeing it with a local. trailmaps are for gapers :)