Top 10 coolest robots

Acid-Flux

I saw the Sony QRIO robots at the Ontario Science Center in Toronto when I was on vacation last fall with my family. They were extremely cool! I really liked the fact that they can right themselves if they fall down on their back or face. That would keep me amused all day....tip 'em over and watch them get back up. Tip 'em over again and watch them get back up. Mindless fun.

The more memorable thing for me though was at the end of the session the Sony rep said he was going to go into the audience and pick some children out to come down and dance with the robots. Unfortunately all my three year old daughter heard was "....come dance with the robots" so much to my surprise/horror she bolted from my knee and ran down on stage and started to dance with them.

Ahh well, once over my shock it was a cute dance and I got pictures of it to tease her with when she grows up.....

Great link. Thanks Acid-Flux!

-Gorgonzolla

I saw the Sony QRIO robots at the Ontario Science Center in Toronto when I was on vacation last fall with my family. They were extremely cool! I really liked the fact that they can right themselves if they fall down on their back or face. That would keep me amused all day....tip 'em over and watch them get back up. Tip 'em over again and watch them get back up. Mindless fun.

The more memorable thing for me though was at the end of the session the Sony rep said he was going to go into the audience and pick some children out to come down and dance with the robots. Unfortunately all my three year old daughter heard was "....come dance with the robots" so much to my surprise/horror she bolted from my knee and ran down on stage and started to dance with them.

Ahh well, once over my shock it was a cute dance and I got pictures of it to tease her with when she grows up.....

Great link. Thanks Acid-Flux!

-Gorgonzolla

lol i'd have too much fun with mine... like try to clean my room, chase my dog, dance.... dance.... did I mention dance? ASIMO can chase/walk my dog.