Waiver rules

MrDuke

Ok, here's the waiver system:

The waiver system is a special place for any undrafted player at the start of the season OR for any player that was recently cut by a team. Any player on waivers will have a "W" next to his name.

This effectively puts a 'hold' on the player for a period of 2 days. In that 2 day period, any team can try to obtain him but the team with the lowest waiver number will get him. Everyone else's add/drop requests are cancelled.

Your waiver number is initially determined by your draft position. If you drafted first, your number is 12 (M2). If you drafted last, your number is 1 (me). After that, your numbers change depending on if anyone picks up a player on waivers. If you do, you go to the bottom of the list and everyone else moves up 1 place.

In this example, let's say I see Barry Bonds out there and he is on waivers. Four other teams want him, including myself, and we all try to get him by pressing the green cross next to his name and dropping someone else from our team (called an add/drop). After 2 days, Bonds goes to me because my waiver # is 1. My transaction was adding Bonds and dropping Counsell. Everyone else's add/drop transaction was cancelled and their team stays the same. My waiver number now goes to 12 and everyone else moves up 1 place, putting the Congregationals in the number one place.

Incidentally, Counsel now goes on waivers and the whole process starts for him...assuming anybody wants that stiff.

After 2 days, the player's status will change from (W)aiver to (FA)Free Agent. You can add/drop FAs immediately and without affecting your waiver position. So after 2 days on the waiver line, Counsel's status would go from W to FA and anyone could pick him up...should they want him.

Also, 2 days after the draft all players' status will change to FA and you can pick them up immediately.

Post up w/ any questions.