RC stuff Real Flight!

Shazz

Got some video last night at the heli-only flyin at the golf dome here. I actually missed the chance to video the most intense flying as I was prepping my heli (got 5 flights in :) ), but I'll share what I got.

The black heli is being flown by a guy that I'd wished I got more video of him flying. He's actually quite good considering he's missing the index and middle fingers on his left hand, and has a deformed right hand. Nice guy, been flying the past 26 years, save for one where he couldn't use his right arm till he had spinal surgery. He definately flies better than me.

The white heli is flown by a guy I've personally seen do some insane tricks with the heli. Just nothing too major in the video.

http://reynardlaw.com/rcpics/trex.wmv

Not the greatest, but I was pretty pumped just with the progress I was making at flying these things and kinda neglected videoing this event.

This was in the Columbus Golf Dome, an indoor driving range. They rent it out for $450 per three hour block on late Saturday. We all pay $15 to fly.

Better have a big change jar to get into these helis. I sold a reef aquarium set up to fund my purchase, but the average startup cost is in the $800 range. The white heli in the video is prolly $1200 with all setup parts, radio, batteries, charger, and misc. stuff.