interesting

Brew

(edited)

really? i think this isnt as far fetched as it may sound.. i hope it dosnt happen :D

EDIT: this website even has band width control. why couldnt the big dogs use somthing like that? only they would make you pay for it by how much you use.

sombody please ensure me otherwise :(

Edited by Brew

IIRC the IP protocol already has the ability to discriminate among various levels of traffic service. If this ever did happen, I'd hope Google would just open up its own competing internet; there's enough dark cable around already.

it would be hard to impossible to suddenly charge people for doing things that they were already doing for free on the internet

That happens all the time. One year, I could listen to any NFL game any week, the next year you have to subscribe to some service to hear the game. :boo:

(edited)

Google will save us if anything bad happens to the internet. Google ftw! Yay google!!...And Amazon too....

Fat cats tick me off. There's so few good of them out there. Though I find it farfetched, I'm not jsut going to cast this off. Like, if those 99c a song pages actually had songs I wanted, I'd ditch my P2P programs. It could happen. When you think about it, the internet has not been around that long - it's constantly changes, and a few years from now, we'll probably be thinking the technology and things we did today are so primitive.

This reminds, the MPAA is sueing Isohunt. Dang it . . . .

Edited by Saris

the only reason why the net is so popular is the fact its free, the potential market that they want to grab cash from will simpily not use the net and find something else to do that we don't have to pay for. Yet soon all we will have left is breathing and im sure they are trying to work on a way for us to pay for that.

the only reason why the net is so popular is the fact its free, the potential market that they want to grab cash from will simpily not use the net and find something else to do that we don't have to pay for. Yet soon all we will have left is breathing and im sure they are trying to work on a way for us to pay for that.

Just like in Total Recall, you could build an empire, charging people for air. I'm going to move to Mars and start a company like that.

(edited)
IIRC the IP protocol already has the ability to discriminate among various levels of traffic service. If this ever did happen, I'd hope Google would just open up its own competing internet; there's enough dark cable around already.

true, true..... but the dark cable is planned or is already in use for internet2

i dont think google can touch it. unless............

unless FiberCo rents out their dark optic cables...... linky

abilene3ds.jpg

Edited by {GpL}TheGeek998