Need advice on a new rig

Cyklik

It's been a couple of years since I last upgraded, and I'm starting to really feel the slugishness of my system in the newest games. A friend of mine wants a cheap, half-decent system, so I'm going to sell him most of my components. Here's what I have currently:

Enermax 420W psu

Asus K8V Deluxe

A64 3000+

Thermaltake big typhoon hsf

1 gb GeIL pc3200

ATI 9600xt 256

Turtle Beach Santa Cruz

Several HDD and 2 opticals

I'm basically selling him the case along with everything but my drives. How much should I charge him for everything (including psu, mobo, proc, hsf, ram, vid card and sound card)?

I'm going to use the money from that to go towards building a new system, but I don't want to spend more than a thousand out of my pocket (so $1k plus whatever I charge him for the old stuff). This is what I've been looking at so far (keep in mind, I don't really plan on overclocking):

Asus A8N-SLI

A64 X2 3800+ or 4200+ (is the 4200+ is worth the extra 60 bucks?)

Corsair XMS 2gb pc3200

Antec P180

Creative SB X-Fi (Don't need anything too fancy)

Heatsink - ??

PSU - ??

Video Card - ?? (I was hoping to keep it under 300, but if I can get enough from my old system, I'd be willing to splurge a bit here)

Any suggestions on the missing parts, or should I go another way with some of this stuff? Thanks in advance for the help, guys.

Well seeing as I just got a new rig myself I'll offer my input:

Asus A8N-SLI (get the A8n32 or the A8r32 board - costs a bit more but woth it for performance)

A64 X2 3800+ or 4200+ (is the 4200+ is worth the extra 60 bucks?) - I would actually go with the 4400 or the 4800 because of the FSB being doubled.

Corsair XMS 2gb pc3200 - nice enough RAM but you can prolly get http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16820227210 cheaper

Antec P180 - no comment not an antec fan

Creative SB X-Fi (Don't need anything too fancy) - nice enough

Heatsink - ?? - I would suggest getting the thermalright 92c with a thermaltake silent cat 92mm fan

PSU - ?? - I'm a big fan of modular so I suggest the Ultra X-Connect 550 Titanium.

Video Card - ?? - If you splurge get the x1900xtx, it is awesome and worth it, but if the cheap side go with the x1600pro 512mb card. very capable card with great reviews for around $139 at newegg.

Hope this helps

fsb being doubled? you mean the cache right? antec makes awesome cases.

stock heatsink on anything above the x2 3800 is pretty good. xfi is a nice card. psu go for the enermax liberty 500w. for vid card the 7900gt is best price point and not much more than 300 bucks.