Pontiac G6 Convertible

Thor

My Mom is looking for a new car and Pontiac G6 Covertible spotted her eye.

http://www.pontiac.com/g6convertible/index.jsp

I am not really a car person. So I'm wondering is this car any good?

I live in canada so more the half the year is winter and I have heard that convertibles are not "winter cars." I was wondering though because this one has a hard top would it be different?

My mom always wanted a covertible but almost all of them are 2 seaters and we need the 4 seats. Also if anyone has a suggestion, off the top of there heads, about any sports car (doesn't have to be covertible) that is a nice car, please post the name.

Thanks for the help!

The G6 is a nice car. I didnt realize that the convertible version has a retractable hardtop roof. Thats a REALLY nice feature. The reason people say convertibles are not good winter cars is because most convertibles have the soft top and if you want, you can buy a hard top which you manually have to change out every year. Also those replaceable hardtops aren't the best quality. They usually wear out after a few years.

Now with this G6 having a retractable hardtop, I wouldnt even worry about winter. Im still amazed that Pontiac would add a feature like that on their cars. I thought only the high-end car companies had that feature.

When my jetta went into the shop for a few days, they gave me one of the new G6's. Personally I didnt like the car at all. The steering was kind of funny, it didnt have near as much power as the jetta, plus it felt rather large.

• 2 weeks later...
that's freaking hilarious, because I took my drivers training rides in a grand am and so did everyone else at my school. putting new drivers in unsafe cars is genius.

if you have ever spent over 6 hours working on a grand am or 10 min looking at the structural support in the front end, then you would know that its a death trap. Even though i love mine.

carsidewayssmall9ne.jpg

Yeah, my mom decided to get the 2006 Toyota Solara SLE V6 converitable. We have a family friend that said it handle good in the winter. It also looks cool.

(edited)

hope you dont live in a cold climate because converitables tend to start leaking after a while. (do to the cold climate that is) :boo:

Edited by Brew

Yeah, we live in canada. Most of the time it will be in a garage and we were told by our friend (lives in a colder climate) it does well. Had it for over 2 years and no leaks.