The Bell Witch

TheReverend(c)

I read the book about this when I was a kid. This was considered to be the first true haunting ever documented scientificaly. One of the investigators became a president of the United States, cant remember which. This thing came back to haunt the decendents of John Bell. Theres a construction project underway on the site of the original house. Condo's. :D

Cool Hand Luke, good movie.

Back on subject, well, mildy. I personally believe hauntings have no proof. I have never experienced anything of the sort. I suppose I am hard-headed, until I see an apparition for myself, I will not believe in them.

So, are/did they make this into a film?

Yeah, it's called An American Haunting. Isn't it THE only death that has been legally attributed in court documents to a supernatural cause in US history?

I saw the trailer for this, and man does it look creepy. I want to see it! :=

• 3 weeks later...

I read on the authenticity of the stories and some say true and some say not true.

For example one guy arguing "not true" says that adams (i think that was the pres) never wrote anything about the hauntings.

ON THE OTHER HAND

one guy actually bought plane tickets and flew in to adams (the town) and in the library and city researched literature and he was there to prove it untrue, he ended up believeing the evidence.

This story is what inspired the blair witch apparently.

I read about it and it sounds demonic rather than ghost.

Aug