Either this guy would make hollywood look bad or was hacking. Here is his steam id STEAM_0:0:9884785, here is his name -=(POW)=- l2@P3D. Brew came in and this guy just left, but other than that no admin was on. Excorcist was the only regular on that i noticed. We had a voteban going and it got down to 3 more when he left. If you look at his stats, its insane. I know there are those really good people out there but this guy was just too good. I have never seen so many running head shots with an ak in my life. If you notice he has 29 kills and 28 are head shots. Way too good if you ask me. I think he was hacking, but i could be wrong he wasn't even around for a whole 2 maps but from what I saw he was too good. While I'm on the not of banning, we really could have used an admin around 6:30 5/10/06. So much tking and cussing. Once again brew came in, I asked if he could get an admin off of teamspeak. The tking lasted only one round after i asked, and cussing had stopped after warnings from about 3 people. You never would have thought it was a gc server if you were in there.

Sorry, ment to put this in ban request but i guess i hit new topic instead of reply.

i'm looking into the option of being able to access the forums from ingame. if you could have posted while this was happening, an admin might have got their quicker. for the record, please do not accuse people of hacking. if you're suspicious, record a demo and post it. we don't need good players to be chased away.

sorry about the swearing, team killing, etc. sounds like brew took care of it once he got there.

Is vote ban ok? I didnt say anything about him hacking, i was actually complimenting him. It wasnt until the voteban was started by another play that I voted to ban him. How do you start a demo? I tried it using console and it gave me some error message. I dont know too much about this stuff so if its not a problem, filling me in on the steps to do so would be great.

voteban is there to be used, but honestly, i'm glad there weren't enough votes in this situation. it's a temporary ban anyways, so just a quick fix.

to record a demo, obviously go into spectator mode: m, option 6. be in first person view.

in console, type 'record playername' to start recording the demo called playername.

to stop the recording, type 'stop'

it is saved to your /cstrike/ folder in a file named playername.dem (if you have windows set to view extensions).

voteban is there to be used, but honestly, i'm glad there weren't enough votes in this situation. it's a temporary ban anyways, so just a quick fix.

to record a demo, obviously go into spectator mode: m, option 6. be in first person view.

in console, type 'record playername' to start recording the demo called playername.

to stop the recording, type 'stop'

it is saved to your /cstrike/ folder in a file named playername.dem (if you have windows set to view extensions).

Alright, thanks

(edited)

How long does the vote ban last. I can tell u, I have been vote banned from a number of sever and will never go back if vote ban is enabled i think it should only ban for a 1 hours or less by that time an admin should be on to take care of anything if needed. with vote ban enabled say the server is just getting started 5vs5 and there is one guy like hollywood odds are he is getting baned by the rest of the noobs leaveing us with only noobs to play with.

Edited by FORZ

How long does the vote ban last. I can tell u, I have been vote banned from a number of sever and will never go back if vote ban is enabled i think it should only ban for a 1 hours or less by that time an admin should be on to take care of anything if needed. with vote ban enabled say the server is just getting started 5vs5 and there is one guy like hollywood odds are he is getting baned by the rest of the noobs leaveing us with only noobs to play with.

nice post.... all newbie members should read.

(edited)

voteban is 30 minutes-1 hour, nothing more. Regardless, it isn't meant to be used to ban people because they're really good, or you THINK that they're hacking. Starting a voteban for something like that brings GC down a notch, and is sure to drive away the kind of players we'd like to have.

Edited by witt