Question about stats?

:huh: Can someone explain how these stats work because I think when I play I'm usually a top guy. However I am some how 90+ ranked on stats. I know stats arent everything but when I am usually a top guy when I play I dont think I should be ranked so badly.

dEL :huh:

Has a lot to do with objectives, not just kills/deaths. Get points for planting, defusing, rescuing. In addition, I believe (not sure) that you get more points for killing people ranked higher than you, and less for those lower than you. So if you're an expert noob/afk killer like myself, you don;t rack up a lot of points.

The way rank is calculated is similar to the way skill is worked out by Psychostats, or how ladder rank is in Starcraft if you're familiar with that. The number of points you gain by killing a guy is directly proportional to their rank, and inversely proportional to your own, and the points you lose are the opposite when you die.

If you kill a guy with an equal rank, you get 5 points. If you kill a guy with half as many points, you get only 2.5. If he kills you back, you lose 10.

Kills with weaker weapons will move more points. Most SMGs will give you 20% more, machine pistols will get you 50% more. Any pistol will get you more. Kill someone with a smoke grenade or flashbang for a beefy 400% bonus.

Also, completing the objective is usually worth the same as several kills.

(edited)

you'll lose a ton of points if some pro joins the server for the first time and kills you a bunch -- because his rank is so low

also, a good way to boost your stats is to get on recrud and kill lunk repeatedly

Edited by discombobulated

dEL

I think my problem is I never see most of the top players on the server in fact I dont know if I ever played against them so I cant really move up until I kill them I guess. The majority of those ppl I have never seen before I must be working when they play or something.

dEL

Taking a quick look at the top 50, it looks to me like only 9 are not regs of either Mayhem or Recrudescence:

Dude (2), Dima (7), Jesus (13), Midnight Swami/Tacoman/PSP (20), Yaoski (27), JZSN (34), Loki (39), Squall (41), Charmin' Ultra (43)

Even though you're currently ranked #97, there are probably not all that many Immutable players ranked above you.

i think what he's trying to say is....

the ladies of the midwest are too scurred to come hang out west.

-or-

the bruts of the west are kind enough not to go to midwest and make the women and children cry.

...and you should. even with a 60ish ping, i still have fun playing with those midwest goombas.

i think what he's trying to say is....

the ladies of the midwest are too scurred to come hang out west.

-or-

the bruts of the west are kind enough not to go to midwest and make the women and children cry.

...and you should. even with a 60ish ping, i still have fun playing with those midwest goombas.

I'll come to the West server once in a while, but my ping is usually between 90 and 120, so I try to get on Midwest servers first.

Guest Dude-
Guest Dude-
Guest Dude-
Guests

Yeah the stats are weird. I started glancing at them awhile ago and was curious if I could actually work my way up. Turns out you can, although I was stuck at 2nd place for ages. It is most specifically depends on objectives. Defusing a bomb is 10 points, plant the bomb is 10 points. 2 points for attempting defuse, 4 points for rescueing a hostage, 2 points for touching them, etc etc. Theres a lot of stuff.

I never understood how people with half my kills and half my K/D ratio could be above me, but I guess its partly because of that. Thats why now everytime I see a hostage, even if we've won, I grab them because its a few more points. Attempt the defuse even if your going to die anyways. If your increasing points, you also get points, if your losing points, you lose more. Im enjoying 1st place, we'll see if I can keep it from Vovik.

You get a lot of points for objectives, and also for your team completing the objectives (i.e. winning). 5 pts to all for defusing or for bombing the target. 10 pts for all rescued, +2 per hostage rescued.