The Road to Guantanamo

the luck of the irish

The road to Guantanamo looks good. I think it will show how awful that prison is. Its based on a true story about three british muslims that were taken to Guantanamo Bay prison and kept there for I dont know how long. Eventually they were released and there were no charges filed against them. It shows how ridiculous our government can be. No one knows for sure, but almost everyone suspects that the conditions at Guantanamo Bay prison are inhuman. I want to see this movie.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

Regardless of people's political views, every survey and examination of the prison shows there is no torture there. Actually, they are treated better there than they were before they were captured. Good food (better than the military personel). Air Conditioning. etc.

Regardless of people's political views, every survey and examination of the prison shows there is no torture there. Actually, they are treated better there than they were before they were captured. Good food (better than the military personel). Air Conditioning. etc.

Yeah, minus being placed in prison for no cause (or at least no charge), not seeing your famly, not seeing your friends, not free to work, play, read the news, subjected to interigation (of unknown severity), kept isolated, they really have a great deal going there. I wonder, how would you feel if the state you lived in grabbed you, tossed you in jail, and justified your imprisonmnet based on the fact they are now making you eat better then you did outside? gg propoganda. ooppsss.... sorry. Let's get on wit the show. I didnt even know they had a movie coming out on this. I bet this will spawn as much debate as the Divinci Code - and among the same group of people.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

Yeah, minus being placed in prison for no cause (or at least no charge), not seeing your famly, not seeing your friends, not free to work, play, read the news, subjected to interigation (of unknown severity), kept isolated, they really have a great deal going there. I wonder, how would you feel if the state you lived in grabbed you, tossed you in jail, and justified your imprisonmnet based on the fact they are now making you eat better then you did outside? gg propoganda. ooppsss.... sorry. Let's get on wit the show. I didnt even know they had a movie coming out on this. I bet this will spawn as much debate as the Divinci Code - and among the same group of people.

If that is what you really want to believe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kOndYC2gt8

Do some research of the detainees there. There are no nice guys there. Most of those released went back to fighting against us. If people want to speak of torture, you should read what happened to those 2 soldiers taken hostage by the peace loving insurgents.

If that is what you really want to believe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kOndYC2gt8

Do some research of the detainees there. There are no nice guys there. Most of those released went back to fighting against us. If people want to speak of torture, you should read what happened to those 2 soldiers taken hostage by the peace loving insurgents.

Well, I have read enough Supreme Court cases on it to know what the legal right is, to what we have done. I don't need a youtube to tell me anything more then what you have. I believe they get fed well. If that is the plus in your category, then that is fine, but it isn't enough.

I know that there are bad detainees there, but I also know there have been US citizens there (Hamdi) and people that were collected much like he has was, and possibly not guilty of anything but being in the wrong place at the wrong time (but we will not know that, will we?). That is why I said it as I had ("being placed in prison for no cause (or at least no charge)"). I give you that there may be people there who should remain, but not all of them. Even the Supreme Court has said as much. The place is filled with secrets, and the "facts" that get our are just what the adminstration wants out. If the place is rainbows and rose pedals, then follow what the other "equal" branch has told them.

Also, I didn't say torture, I said "interigation (of unknown severity)." My point is that they are not better off then they were before they were captured. So while given that some, if not most should be there, the propoganda that we are doing them a favor isn't correct; we are doing ourselves a favor, and we need to do what is internationally correct - follow the geneva convention, and if they want a classification of prisoners to get around that, then follow what the Supreme Court has told them (charge them).

Finally, this comparison to what the "peace loving insurgents" do to justify what we can do is a circle. Somewhere there is an Iraqi telling another Iraqi that it is okay to behead because the US kills their hostages as well.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

All I have to say is thank God there are some people in the U.S. that actually get it. We are at war. You do not give enemy combatants, who are mostly terrorists, U.S. Constitutional rights. The entire premise of doing so is idiotic.

As for the guys who made this movie. They were never tortured. It is a part of the instructions given to the terrorists by the terrorists leaders, tell everyone the U.S. tortured you. It is a PR campaign by the terrorists and it is ammusing to see people actually believe the terrorists over the US Military.

All I have to say is thank God there are some people in the U.S. that actually get it. We are at war. You do not give enemy combatants, who are mostly terrorists, U.S. Constitutional rights. The entire premise of doing so is idiotic.

There are a number of constitutional rights surrendered by the phrase, "we are at war." True rights remain in the face of adversity. It is a shame the number of people who can not remember that. It is also an embarrassment that we have forgotten there are international laws that exist, and just because we are the big guys doesn't mean we don't have to follow them, yes, even in the face of war.

(snip) it is ammusing to see people actually believe the terrorists over the US Military.

Fool me once....