HEADSET TIME! (pt2)

stutters

SJ, I'm disappointed, I really expect better than that from you. Pre-teen voice? That's all you've got? Or is your girlfriend posting for you while she's got you cleaning the bathroom?

OK, now you've done it. I'm all intrigued by these higher-level headsets.

Unfortunately, it's not easy to find a selection of these to try before buying.

For gaming only (i.e., not movies or music), what can you guys report on the 5.1 vs stereo?

Does it really give a more faithful localization?

I gather that there are USB and analog plug versions of 5.1 sets. I gather in the latter case, that means having a rather beefy cable with many connectors. Is that right?

How about an owner of each of the sets listed in the link that M2 posted stop by my house with them, so I can try 'em out for a bit. If you don't want to watch me do so, I can occupy you with washing my cars or cutting my lawn in the meantime...

--Bothrops

these are what my friend has and they sound awesome. They are better than the senns that my nephew paid $150 for and are pretty comfortable.

Personally I go wireless for headphones and just have a desk mic but I have a really nice set of logitech THX certified 7.1 Surround sound speakers that I use most of the time anyways.

• 2 weeks later...