Welcome to the library!

farmerisme

Feel free to discuss whatever you would like about what you read. Keep it civil for sensitive topics.

Ideas...

Post up books as you read them and tell us what you thought about it.

Authors or genres that you enjoy.

Ask for advice on good books that others have read and suggest yours to others.

Think about joining the GC book club (coming to an area near you soon) where we will take turns suggesting a book we can all read and discuss.

Add links to stuff you are currently writing. You can get feedback and just plain share your work.

Anything else you can think of!

Edited by farmerisme

GC Alumni
(edited)

Taken from Wikipedia because I don't want to give out examples and whatnot:

Fan fiction is a broadly defined term for fiction about characters or settings written by fans of the original work, rather than by the original creators. Fan fiction usually describes works which are uncommissioned by the owner of the work, and not professionally published. Fan fiction is defined against original fiction, which exists with its own discrete universe, and against canon works within the universe. Most fan fiction writers assume that their readers have knowledge of the canon universe their works are based in.

Basically, what I like to do for fan fictions is take a certain setting (for me, it'd most likely be the Resident Evil setting) and write a thing about that.

The thing I had in mind for my fan fiction things would be I would first have a signup list for whoever wants to be in my story (including me) and once I have the people interested, I start the story and link it with dozens of posts. I already had a successful one on this other community (before I came to GC) that alot of people liked and got into. I also had choices that could hinder the outcome of the story, so it had more interaction rather than reading it all the time. I personally would like to start one of these again, and hopefully get several people in on it too. Anyone whos a fan of the Resident Evil series will most likely like my fan fictions of them.

Edited by JackieChan