In need of good cheap webhosting?

Playaa

I STRONGLY recommend you check out theogc.com AMAZING hosting company (created for gamers and clans to have cheap sites).

I've spoken personally with the owner and he went out and got Chilisoft ASP for his linux servers just because I told him it would be good....you get php support, asp support, MySQL server, 350mb space, 7 emails, 10 ftp accounts, un-metered bandwidth, 24 hour support, (domain name not included but supported...no stupid addresses like http://www3232.bobson.com/~jso/020jon/mysite)

all that...is $3.50 a month.....

and EXCELLENT support..........

and also you can buy your domain names from godaddy.com for $8 a year.....

those are my secrets...use em.

they also sell p2p network servers (so you can have a private Kazaa network say for community members).......smallest one allows 100 ppl to join at a time....no meters on the account and is only $4.95 a month.....largest is 1000 ppl (un-metered) for $15 a month......

this place pwns

Theogc.com strives for customer relations and support, we also believe it is best to provide you with the best hosting you can imagine.

We offer several networks, you are free to choose one of your choice, after all it is your money.

We also work on providing you with more then a web host but with an internet friend, we are a reasonable company and want to work with its visitors and clients.

We will work on custom plans and payments to suit your needs.

Theogc.com is not like most hosting companies, we are NOT looking to make millions of hosting your site, (your probably asking, then why do they host?) well, because we like to do it.

We are proud to offer Network 1 (web hosting) to its visitors, it offers a great amount of web space and file transfers for a dirt cheap price.

If you find a better service, let us know!

if you have any questions please feel free to contact us, support@theogc.com

-----

The key to success is to treat your customers like their needed.

that's a quote from the owner of theogc.com....who is a VERY nice guy

stop drooling and buy...they offer everything.

webhosting

webdesign

shared webhosting

dedicated webhosting

free reseller program

p2p servers

game servers

file servers

and ALL cheap....and when you sign up with them you get that price FOREVER!

they have 1 customer who has a gig of space for his webpage (to use HOWEVER he wants) and he's paying $3.50 a month for it.....

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests
I STRONGLY recommend you check out theogc.com AMAZING hosting company (created for gamers and clans to have cheap sites).

I've spoken personally with the owner and he went out and got Chilisoft ASP for his linux servers just because I told him it would be good....you get php support, asp support, MySQL server, 350mb space, 7 emails, 10 ftp accounts, un-metered bandwidth, 24 hour support, (domain name not included but supported...no stupid addresses like http://www3232.bobson.com/~jso/020jon/mysite)

all that...is $3.50 a month.....

and EXCELLENT support..........

and also you can buy your domain names from godaddy.com for $8 a year.....

those are my secrets...use em.

excellent, dropping my current host and giving that a try. Maybe... just maybe my forums will work.

Guest Dem0nic Filth
Guest Dem0nic Filth
Guest Dem0nic Filth
Guests

PHP4 and MySQL support...That r0x0rx! I'll have to look into getting me some of that. I purchased my own Web-Domain from some site who I no longer remember, then realized their hosting plans were bullpoop for my income...I think their name is on http://www.dillon-gray.com

AHA!

I think I might have found the weakness.....

their servers are running on DSL 1.5mb lines....but they keep them below max capacity and expand as needed..........so I guess 1.5mb/sec isn't a bad bandwidth.....it's not the best....but for the prices they offer...........whew.

Yeah I say lets get a community one...get some maps up...I could build a general site with links so you dont have to use ftp to download stuff...

How much is a domain for a year again? $8?

I say give it a shot for a month...if it doesnt work out then drop it...it is only $5!

Gunny

well we could get a p2p network server....we wouldn't even need a webpage....just Kazaa....

but I kinda like the idea of a fileplanet sort of server......would be kinda cool.....

but it's a bit more expensive for webserver

$8.95/month for 1gig of webspace (un-metered)

that's on Network 1 which is hosted on ADSL....wouldn't want that for a file server.

Network 2 is hosted on OC-3.....but it's more expensive....I'll email them and find out how much exactly (they don't have it on the site)

cccfiles.com is free also.......

The Oc3 servers are still on, however it does cost quite a substantial amount compared to the dsl lines we run, we are currently working on upgrading our dsl lines to sdsl 1.5mbit down and 1.5mbit up which is the same compared to a T1 line.

The P2P servers are ran on opennap technology using "slavanap" and any p2p client that will let you input a ip address and connect to opennap servers can login.

If you need more information please respond, thanks.

that's from the owner of theogc.com

so if you think a 1.5mb/sec up/down is good enough for a file server.......

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests

that much bandwidth is fine. No one is going to be downloading at 400 Meg a second. be lucky and good if going at 60k

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests

oh yeah, the p2p thing would be an awesome idea and I will tip in 5 bucks for one month's use to see how it goes.

the forms are on the way

we will have a community p2p server of 100 users max for 1 month....now I know 100 users isn't really alot but we're just testing this out for now...we can go bigger later.

and I have no clue what client we'll be using yet....opinions?

does Kazaa allow you to change the server address?......it hasta be a client that can change the server address.