Moving companies?

Chief

I will be moving to Las Vegas and they want me out there by Labor Day. I'm going to start getting quotes but wanted to get any feedback on movers that you guys can offer...good or bad...thanks.

Two Men and a Truck is pretty good (www.twomen.com)*, a friend's family actually owns/operates the franchise in my town. From what I hear from the people I know who used them, they're good, but I'm not sure if they do cross-country moves or if they are only regional. It's worth getting a quote / submitting an e-mail on the site.

* -- Seriously, that's the site. It's not some work-inappropriate site. I promise.

Edited by appalachian_fox

When I moved to the US, Planes handled the US side of it, and I don't think we could have had better service. Never actually found out the cost for the US part since it was all booked in the UK, but I know they did a good job with handling customs and the actually move in.

As a company we use a full relocation company called Weichert , not sure the areas they cover since we really only use them for relocation into Texas.

But I believe the actually movers that they subcontract to are:

New World Vanlines

Paul Arpin Van Lines

and one other, if I remember who it is, I'll post.

Here we go, the third:

Crofutt & Smith who are an Atlas agent.

Edited by Leveller

I have heard alot of good things about that Pod company. They drop off a dealie, you load it and tell them when to pick it up and where to take it. You might have to do some of the moving yourself but will spend way less $. Couple of buddies used them and said it worked great.

And for the love of everything holy do not use Uhaul. DEATH TO ALL UHAUL!!

Edited by farmerisme

I used 2 men and a truck in my last cross town move. Did ok but messed up my desk & washer. Not horrid but had to be fixed. They did get done quick.

All other moves were done with U-Haul and my back.

I'm confused. Doesn't U-Haul just rent moving equipment? They won't move or drive anything for you, right? I mean, isn't that why it's called U-Haul?

Yeah but I just got semi hosed by Uhaul for the second time a bit ago... just wanted to work a Uhaul knock into a post.

I'm confused. Doesn't U-Haul just rent moving equipment? They won't move or drive anything for you, right? I mean, isn't that why it's called U-Haul?

Yeah but I just got semi hosed by Uhaul for the second time a bit ago... just wanted to work a Uhaul knock into a post.

Ahh, rental problems. Sorry to hear that. Can't say I've ever had a problem, but some of their trucks seem to be in much worse shape than others, and I had always heard their fleet upkeep was tops.

I've always done regional moves with a couple of truck-laden friends bribed with pizza and beer, so too bad that suggestion won't work.