How much would you pay for this?

Playaa

(edited)

So I've got a Laptop that I bought about 2 years ago for work purposes.

The story is that my programming team had grown so fast and the budget wasn't there for us to have good laptops so I was given a 300mhz laptop with 256mb Ram to program on.

:boo:

Anyway, I went out and decided to buy my own laptop to work on since I was actually a Contracter anyway. I was gonna write it off on taxes (turns out I actually couldn't though). 2 weeks after I bought it I found a better job.

So...ever since then this Laptop has done absolutely nothing except sit on my night stand by my bed and play DVD's.

I actually really like the laptop. Apart from it's DVD skills it did have one small foray of being my gaming machine for FF04 (the last Frag Fest I went to). It played CS perfectly fine back then.

Here are the specs I can remember off the top of my head:

Sony Vaio

15.4" Widescreen XBrite screen

512mb Ram

64mb Shared Memory ATI Video card

2.8ghz processor

50gb hard drive

comes with a Windows XP Home key (I had my own copy of XP Pro so I never used Home)

Wireless LAN

56k Modem

USB 2.0

16x CD Burner/DVD Reader

There are 2 problems with it that I know of:

1) It's not the most portable laptop ever. It's a tad on the heavy side...but it's still a laptop so it IS portable.

2) When I got it I didn't realize that you had to burn the Windows XP Home on the Hard Drive onto 8 CD's before you formatted it...(they told me at the store but I was too excited to pay attention) so I don't actually have the XP Home install disk (the key code is on a sticker on the laptop though) and I also didn't get the Sony Tools program that is supposed to be installed. The Sony Tools thing means that the 56k Modem and the Keyboard shortcuts (like Volume Up/Down, Mute, etc.) don't work. You can buy a CD from Sony for like $30 that comes with all that stuff but I just never bothered to do it.

just found this laptop on ebay that looks very similar:

ebay

I'll try to go home and take pictures of it tonight. If no one on here is interested I might just give it to my sister but I'd really like to sell this thing and maybe use the money to upgradge my non-functioning desktop.

anyway...anyone interested or got any ideas on what kind of price I could get for it? (reasonably)

Edited by Playaa/Pselus

i might be interested, but the ebay you linked is to a ~2 year newer laptop (celeron-d).

- is the wirless built in?

- what version of 802.11 is it? a/b/g?

- what would make it worth not giving to your sister? (what's your price)

the wireless is built in.

I'm pretty sure it's 802.11b...I know it's the one that is the easiest to get compatible hardware for (or easiest at that time).

I checked last night and it's 2.8ghz and a 50gb hard drive...I'll update the first message.

Also I wouldn't be "giving" it to my sister...just selling it to her and she can't really afford it.

Would $600 be a good price for it?