Any bikers?

Warpig

I've had my bike longer than I've been married. 20 years now.

I don't ride it much more than around the sub-division anymore. 2 reasons...1, a 7 year old child and 2, the bike is 23 years old and I don't trust it to get too far away:)

I've had my bike longer than I've been married. 20 years now.

I don't ride it much more than around the sub-division anymore. 2 reasons...1, a 7 year old child and 2, the bike is 23 years old and I don't trust it to get too far away:)

what kind of bike?

NOFX how you like the ZX-6R? I sat on one at a local shop and it just didnt feel right. I liked the way the honda felt the best so I bought me one a few motnhs back. I still love to see the kaws out on the street becuase it seems like it is only GSXR I see, and ocassionally a few hondas, and kaws. I see yopu post said the MSRP was somewhere around $8k???? here the 600's sell for almost $11k, when the 600 hondas and GSXR sell for $8k new.

That means its time for an upgrade.....man bikes have come along ways in 20 years! Now you dont have to mees with the choke! although I still do :bang:

I believe Im selling the bike I just bought :( For a few reasons..

1. It has 90 miles on it. Sell it now and it can pass almost pass as *NEW*. And I could probably make a few grand as soon as that fender comes in.

2. I really dislike the stance on the bike. It was the first I have rode that is that agressive. By what I have read, I think I want something more like an F4i. Although I do like the R6's. I just havent sat on one and Im assuming its something like the zx-6r. After 20-30 minutes of riding, my wrists hurt pretty bad, its just not that comfortable. Its pretty much, the way you are sitting on the bike, All your weight is on your wrist, specifically my left wrist. Its also kind of awkward using the clutch and brake levers, where my arms are so long and im learning down/forward on the handle bars, Its a little bit of work bringing my wrists back to use the clutch or brake.

3. Its honestly not much fun to ride around here in the "city". Back home I have open road and twisties where I can rev the engine up and hit a quick 80MPH. Down here theres no straightaways and I'm on the constant scan for cops and watching out for other cars hitting me.

Edited by NOFX

I plan to have one of these by next summer.

Clicky

Not a sportsbike, not a cruiser, i dont know why but SuperMoto bikes looks awesome to me.

instead you should go with one of these BMW%20F650GS.jpg

it costs a bit more but would be even cooler or atleast i think so

Edited by Demoner

I believe Im selling the bike I just bought :( For a few reasons..

1. It has 90 miles on it. Sell it now and it can pass almost pass as *NEW*. And I could probably make a few grand as soon as that fender comes in.

2. I really dislike the stance on the bike. It was the first I have rode that is that agressive. By what I have read, I think I want something more like an F4i. Although I do like the R6's. I just havent sat on one and Im assuming its something like the zx-6r. After 20-30 minutes of riding, my wrists hurt pretty bad, its just not that comfortable. Its pretty much, the way you are sitting on the bike, All your weight is on your wrist, specifically my left wrist. Its also kind of awkward using the clutch and brake levers, where my arms are so long and im learning down/forward on the handle bars, Its a little bit of work bringing my wrists back to use the clutch or brake.

3. Its honestly not much fun to ride around here in the "city". Back home I have open road and twisties where I can rev the engine up and hit a quick 80MPH. Down here theres no straightaways and I'm on the constant scan for cops and watching out for other cars hitting me.

You havent even broke it in yet......There are alot of options to help your wrist out, try changing your body posistion first off. Try getting some gloves with gel in them. and I have saw something that extends the end of the handel bars towards you so your wrist sits on it flat....some guy said it really helps out but i forget what they are called.

I have sat on an r6, they feel like a kaw to me.....the handel bars seem like they are more forward to me so I am leaning more.

Day #2 on the bike....

Ok, since I wrote that last post, I believe my opinion has changed.. Today my friends dad managed to break the gear shifter trying to bend it back. I knew what I was doing, but he probably thought I was just some stupid kid... with a torch wanting to use his vice. To make a long story short, he tried to bend it without heat and it broke. So I took it off, heated it up and bent the rest of what I had left to make it work for now. *sigh*.....

Anyway, I figured out how to sit on it more comfortable, lean way forward, rest your chest/stomach on the gas tank and it takes all the strain off your arms and wrists. this made me feel very comfortable on the bike. I was picking up some RPMs today and slightly got into the powerband... Even barely hitting it and not using full throttle, you still have to hang on so it doesn't jump out from under ya. I can't wait for day 3. The only way Im selling it now, is if someone gives about 7k for it. Which is what I posted.

Edited by NOFX

street riding since 99... most of my riding is done on the track these days... right now I am on a 2000 R6... looking to upgrade that to a 600RR or a GSXR750... depending if honda updated the 600RR... find out tonight i guess. 8)

Upgrading to a 600rr...from a r6...hondas are among the slowest of the top 4 sport bikes (kaw, yam, honda, suzuki) but they are supose to handel better?

I would shoot for the new Triumph daytona 675!!!!! that thing is absolutely amazing...

New Triumph

this amazing bike beat the gixxer 750 it also beat the gixxer 1k. Oh and the R1 and the 1k rr and the 999. This bike won third place in this years masterbike shootout. The only 2 bikes that will outpreform this bike on the track are the rsv1000 and the zx10r. 3 cyclinders....and its still a freakin beast....oh and the best part is they sell for $8900....I would love to have one of these......Read up on this bike if you havent allready....it will defiently make you change your mind on a 600rr or a 750 gsxr.....

I dunno demoner, that drz is looking better to me every day. That bike you posted is nice, but it just doesnt seem comfortable to me much. Im also already part of an online community thanks to my DR350, that will help me inch every last bit of horsepower out of that silly 400cc's

I am a little brand loyal but not that much, i recently bought a yz250 project bike. its going to rock soon, and i may have a valid reason to sell my DR.

I would shoot for the new Triumph daytona 675!!!!! that thing is absolutely amazing...

New Triumph

wow, that bike looks sick!!

Ok so get this..... I mentioned it had a bent gear shifter.... I call up my friend and he oks it with his dad if I can use his vice and my propane torch to heat it up. well.... I get over there and the first thing his dad says to me is.... "I hate to tell ya, but that propane torch is useless buddy" and I say it will break if we don't heat it. He proceeds to bend it on the bike with this pipe wrench and he breaks it!!!

So I then take it off, take what is left over to his vice, heat it up and it bends very easily to at least make what is left usuable...

I know he was trying to help, but I didnt even ask for it, I just wanted to borrow this guys vice...

*sigh*........ I knew it would break, but I let the guy do it anyway, because I thought just maybe he knew what he was talkin about... well Ive learned my lesson....

Edited by NOFX

Monthos: My gf is buying the same bike next spring.

NOFX: to help out with your arms and wrists, re-situate your body weight and what holds you on the bike. You should never have more then the weight of your arm against the grip of any bike... on a sport bike it is different because your weight is forward... use your legs, and knees to hug the tank, and your back muscles to hold you up... no additional weight should be on the handlebars... I had this very same problem when I started riding... after changing my seating position a little, and learning what to hold on to the bike with, I was able to ride a lot longer with no dis comfort.

The Daytona 675 is a very nice bike... I have yet to ride one, but I want to!! I have heard nothing but good things about them. I don't know about it beating out the 1000's... haven't seen that... what test are you referrign to warpig?? I know it beats out most 600's on horse power... But Triumph onpenly admits that this bike was built for the street. So when you start looking at the race capabilities of this bike compared to a super sport... the daytona falls a little short. the chassis just wasn't built for the track.

As far as upgrading to a new 600RR from an R6... the 2006 600RR put out about 115 hp, where mine was only 98... plus a lot of other goodies. Honda doesn't really fit that mold with their RR series bikes anymore... that was the case with the F4 and F4i's. The 600RR is a race replica bike... it is built for the track. They just didn't upgrade it for a few years... been the same for 4 years. the 07 is all new, and compared to the 06 R6, only falls short of having a slipper clutch. Horse power will be about the same, and the RR is lighter. Plus it now comes with a stock steering damper similar to the 1000RR. The R6 is lacking there, but has the slipper clutch, which is nice. Everything else is extremely close...

Edited by benjester

As far as upgrading to a new 600RR from an R6... the 2006 600RR put out about 115 hp, where mine was only 98... plus a lot of other goodies. Honda doesn't really fit that mold with their RR series bikes anymore... that was the case with the F4 and F4i's. The 600RR is a race replica bike... it is built for the track. They just didn't upgrade it for a few years... been the same for 4 years. the 07 is all new, and compared to the 06 R6, only falls short of having a slipper clutch. Horse power will be about the same, and the RR is lighter. Plus it now comes with a stock steering damper similar to the 1000RR. The R6 is lacking there, but has the slipper clutch, which is nice. Everything else is extremely close...

My 00F4 puts out 110hp....the new ones are 120hp...the RR look nicer, but they sit differently then my bike. I do like the 2 seats though, mine just has one =(, and I didnt know they came with a steering damper (thats a $400+ mod!!!). As far as the 600rr I dont know the hp rating...but if it is 115, the 06 r6 has 131hp....and is 3 whopping lbs lighter.......Most of the street bikes are all around the same power range within the same years......it is more of driver experience when it comes down to it.

My 00F4 puts out 110hp....the new ones are 120hp...the RR look nicer, but they sit differently then my bike. I do like the 2 seats though, mine just has one =(, and I didnt know they came with a steering damper (thats a $400+ mod!!!). As far as the 600rr I dont know the hp rating...but if it is 115, the 06 r6 has 131hp....and is 3 whopping lbs lighter.......Most of the street bikes are all around the same power range within the same years......it is more of driver experience when it comes down to it.

That I agree with... it comes down to driver experience and preference. My gf has a 2002 F4i which also puts out around 100 hp. But in reality, all the 600s are around 130 hp these days... and they are all so light, any one of them is a blast to ride. I believe the 07 RR will be around 130 hp when tested as well... Honda is slower to put the effort into their bikes that the other big three do... The steering damper is new for 2007... personally i can't wait to sit on one and see how they feel... if I don't like it, then it is a new R6 or the Daytona for me.

Of course if i win the lottery, I'll just buy one of each. 8)

Monthos: My gf is buying the same bike next spring.

Hey what is THAT supposed to mean! :unsure:

LOL... sorry, that sounded bad... it doesn't mean anything... just means that she wants the same bike... she has an F4i right now. Her and I actually test rode a couple on a closed course (Road America) for a couple hours on Saturday... SOOOOO MUCH FUN... I will be buying one next year as well... :luxhello::boing: