GRE's anyone

NOFX

Just curious if anyone has taken the GRE's here? Im about to sign up and take them in ten days. Its sort of a short notice for me, but I need to get my application in by November 1st. Any advice? Are these comparable to the SAT's?

Study your vocab and your math -- It wouldn't hurt to get one of those GRE books they sell in the store. As I understand it, the test is computer adaptive now and they have a written section instead of a logic section, so I don't know how much other than that is relevant. The verbal and mathematical reasoning sections were structured very similar to the SATs, as I recall, but a good bit harder.

A working knowledge of Latin is invaluable.

It's been a few years since I took them, but they were very similar to the SAT. If you're good at standardized tests, expect a similar performance by percntile. There is more of the logic games & reading comprehension than the SATs and both of those are easy places to use tactics to speed up your performance.

Good luck! Let us know how they shake out.

Get one of those books that comes with the CD practice software. I studied for about 2 weeks prior to get the gist of the format for the math programs and english sections. It is worth it. The math will kick your butt unless you are great at seeing patterns and sequences and relationships between mathematical functions.

Good luck!